• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What next?

Johnmac

I've been on the Rich von K protocol for 10 days (exactly following the last version he wrote).

Haven't noticed much, although I seem to be handling thiol foods better (I'm chelating mercury, & these have caused me big problems in 2012).

No side-effects.

The protocol's doses are low, I think, plus I am not on methyl B12 (he thought it best to start more gently, with hydroxocobalamin).

So could I now consider either:

1. Switching to the methyl B12?

or

2. Upping the dosages of the supps?

Or both?

taniaaust1

I dont know a lot about his protocol but i suggest to take it slow and not try to up the supplements while starting methyl B12 at the same time.

I was on hydroxyl B12 injections twice a week and they helped me some on the brain side of things but didnt help anything else. I recently found out that due to having MTHFR polymorphism (which 9-18% of normal people have, rates likely to be higher then this in the ME/CFS community) that I really needed that methyl B12. I spent years on the hydrox B12 without knowing this and since Ive switched to the methyl B12 Im suddenly getting improvements again (which hadnt happened in a long time).

So my thought thou its nothing to do with Rich.. would be to switch to methyl B12 and see how that is.. before raising things. That methyl B12 for some of us makes quite a difference.

Johnmac

Thanks Tania, that's good food for thought.

I might switch to the m-B12 before raising doses overall.