• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2nd and final round voting for ME/CFS Australia till Dec 31

taniaaust1

Looks like a win for ME/CFS Australia. Thanks, everyone.

And besides the money (what I've heard is "thousands of dollars") and the mention of the organization at all Tupperware parties for six months, the leader of ME/CFS Australia became aware of our efforts to vote for her charity via the Facebook ME (ME/CFS) Fundraising Group, joined the group, and plans to participate in contests in the future to help raise money for other ME/CFS organizations.

That's great. :D

Ive tried to bring attention via email to the ME/CFS Australia (Sth Australia) branch on a couple of occassions over the past few years to advocate about the competitions and help ME/CFS groups get votes so they can win money etc. but as far as I know (unless i missed something) nothing ever got posted publically to put up a call for help for ME/CFS orgs to win. So Im very happy someone in ME/CFS Australia is now going to try to help other orgs too.

If all our orgs start working together.. we could win a lot of funding for our orgs etc. We really need our orgs working on helping one another and hence helping US ALL.

Merry

Here's an explanation of the cash that this win for ME/CFS Australia could generate:

Supporters can raise funds for the selected charity by hosting or attending a Tupperware party and purchasing the popular Charity Choice product. $2.00 from the sale of every Tupperware Sandwich Keeper Plus in Pink Punch sold during the selected six-month period will be donated to the cause.

“Tupperware Australia is dedicated to enlightening, educating and empowering our sales force, customers and their families and we are very pleased to be able to extend our support to such a worthy cause”, says Charles Henry, Tupperware Australia and New Zealand Managing Director.

In 2012, the sales of nominated Tupperware product saw Tupperware Australia donating over $37,000 YTD and New Zealand donating over $7500 YTD to various charities across the two countries.

“We really want to align with the chosen charity, and extending the program from 3 months to the 6 month period is a good opportunity to really promote the chosen charity, ” Tupperware marketing manager, Tracy Pratt said.

“The year-to-date figures come to $37,000 donated to Australian charities; however, over the six month period we hope to improve on that number. We don’t want to promise anything but we think we can generate more than that - at least $15,000 higher than our current year-to-date figure. “

[source: http://www.probonoaustralia.com.au/news/2012/12/tupperware-searches-charity-choice#]

frenchtulip

MECFSAustralia_FINAL.jpg

frenchtulip

Above is a lovely thank-you poster created by an artist-advocate for our use! She provides some calculations: if the prize will end $10,000, then each click was worth $4.78, if $20,000 then each click was $9.56. The Australian dollar is currently $1.04 US dollar so it's almost the same in US dollars.

Tony

Still working on it all..
A message from Alison Copley, CEO, ME/CFS Australia via Co-Cure today: ME/CFS Australia( VicTasNT) is the Australian Tupperware Charity of Choice for the next 6 months. A big thank-you to the 2,090 voters from around Australia and overseas from every continent who got behind our organisation. We look forward to the Australia-wide awareness, understanding and further recognition of ME/CFS, a serious neuro-immune condition effecting up to 180,000 children and adults. Also some funding for our important work with the ME/CFS community. A special thank-you to a remarkable group of Internationally United volunteer ME/CFS fundraisers. Best wishes every-one for a great New Year and here’s hoping for some big steps for ME/CFS in 2013.