• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are you taking amino acids?

Valentijn

I have no idea. Mine was a blood test. My arigning and ornithine are normal,too. Citrulline under 20 is sometimes considered a biomarker for crohn's disease. Mine is 21. Threonine is 53, normal 73-261. Theronine is used to generate intestinal mucus. A low level causes leaky gut and fatty liver(enlarged liver).

Thanks for replying ... it's so frustrating to know that it means something - there's a ton of websites and papers discussing hypocitrullinemia - but no obvious definitions of what qualifies as hypocitrullinemia! I'll try wading through it and see what I can find.

Gavman

I don't know whether i should get test results or just keep trying stuff. What are the amino acid tests you are guys are getting done?
The main amino acids i'm taking are collagen related, as my muscles are overly tight, even though i stretch alot.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I don't know whether i should get test results or just keep trying stuff. What are the amino acid tests you are guys are getting done?
The main amino acids i'm taking are collagen related, as my muscles are overly tight, even though i stretch alot.

Gavman for what its worth functional medicine testing in australia is quite expensive, sometimes i think its more cost effective to just try different things.
What have u found helpful so far for tight muscles? I seem to be getting alot of knots around my shoulder blades and stiff neck muscles, massages help but we cant afford them every day of the week, although it would be nice.
http://www.healthscopepathology.com.au/html/functionalPathology/fpTests.shtml this is a link to functional medicine testing, amino acid tests there, maybe drop them an email for a price.

cheers!!!

Gavman

Dude, im a lazy man. When i get too sore, i treat myself. Other than learning a body therapy - http://www.pressurepointer.com/PressurePointerManual.pdf is bomb.
I keep coming across manganese as what to try next. Collagen from iherb and evening primrose oil as other fish oils don't go well with me.
Thanks for those tests - i'm tossing up whether to get the methylation panel done, while its expensive - i've had so many good results from working on it. I might find another pfeiffer therapist around just for the testing.

Were you a MTHFR, Heaps? ahahaha. that is an unfortunate label.

hixxy

Gavman for what its worth functional medicine testing in australia is quite expensive, sometimes i think its more cost effective to just try different things.
What have u found helpful so far for tight muscles? I seem to be getting alot of knots around my shoulder blades and stiff neck muscles, massages help but we cant afford them every day of the week, although it would be nice.
http://www.healthscopepathology.com.au/html/functionalPathology/fpTests.shtml this is a link to functional medicine testing, amino acid tests there, maybe drop them an email for a price.

cheers!!!

I'm fairly sure Healthscope Functional are dealers for Genova in the US. They also do some of their own function testing as well.

Research Nutrition are our local dealers for Doctor's Data, US Biotek, Lipid Technologies

Diagnostic Insight are our local dealers for Metametrix (huge range of tests -- expensive)

NutriPath are seemingly a completely local function pathology lab. Plasma amino acids is only $100! I have no idea how good this lab is, they have advertising contract with ACNEM though. I'm really curious to know how quality they are, because they have some tests I'd like to run.

Seems there are not many proactive doctors in Australia. You have to shop for your own tests and ask them to run them.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Gavman im not the mother, lol.

Yes the company hixy suggests have well priced tests that seem better priced. I have never really gone down the nutrient side of thing that extensively other then antioxidants and a few bits and pieces, b12 folate etc. My focus has been on infections, immune system and hormonal treatments as well as improving sleep. Only have so much funds to spend. Maybe once all the things i am focusing on is fine tunes then i might look more into functional medicine in a bigger way.

cheers!!!

hixxy

Gavman im not the mother, lol.

Yes the company hixy suggests have well priced tests that seem better priced. I have never really gone down the nutrient side of thing that extensively other then antioxidants and a few bits and pieces, b12 folate etc. My focus has been on infections, immune system and hormonal treatments as well as improving sleep. Only have so much funds to spend. Maybe once all the things i am focusing on is fine tunes then i might look more into functional medicine in a bigger way.

cheers!!!

I'll send you a spreadsheet from a previous doctor of mine that might give some pointers to the parallels between nutrition and immune function. This said doctor certainly didn't cure me (LOL), but was certainly the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever seen.

I'll send you a spreadsheet from a previous doctor of mine that might give some pointers to the parallels between nutrition and immune function. This said doctor certainly didn't cure me (LOL), but was certainly the most knowledgeable doctor I've ever seen.

I would certainly be interested in having a copy of this spreadsheet.
Thanks