• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mast cell degradation theories

suzanne

I have read of the recent research around mast cell degradation and autism and the possibilities that this same action may be at play with CFS.

I am going insane with itch and rolling migraines. I wonder if anyone has a view about whether the mast cell theories might hold true- based on response to products like Neuro protek or anything wiht natural luteolin?

I am so desperate to stop the itch and migraine ( both of which may be mast cell based?) by taking these supplements. I have tried one capsule of Neuroprotek but got a massive head pain but am wondering if that was a reaction to quercitin in the the neuroprotek, rather than the leotolin. I may have to try something more pure like perilla oil? Anyone got any clues on any of this?

camas

I am going insane with itch and rolling migraines. I wonder if anyone has a view about whether the mast cell theories might hold true- based on response to products like Neuro protek or anything wiht natural luteolin?

I am so desperate to stop the itch and migraine ( both of which may be mast cell based?) by taking these supplements. I have tried one capsule of Neuroprotek but got a massive head pain but am wondering if that was a reaction to quercitin in the the neuroprotek, rather than the leotolin. I may have to try something more pure like perilla oil? Anyone got any clues on any of this?

Hi Suzanne,

Sorry to hear you are struggling with itching and migraines. There is a whole subforum dedicated to addressing mast cell activation. A number of us are testing different things and discussing them mostly in this thread.

I'm taking just 2 to 3 pills of NeuroProtek a day. I haven't noticed an increase in headaches, but we all respond differently. The thing that's been helping my itching (and some neurological problems) is 20mg of Zyrtec a day. Please come join us in the subforum. Maybe we can all figure this out together!