• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for help/previous threads on dealing with inflamation

sianrecovery

Hi Everyone

I am rubbish at getting the best out of the search engine.

I'm looking to revisit my anti-inflamatory strategies, both on the level of immune function and its physical end products such as pain, calcification etc.

Would anyone share whats working for them or perhaps refer me to previousa threads on this topic?

Many thanks

Sian

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Everyone

I am rubbish at getting the best out of the search engine.

I'm looking to revisit my anti-inflamatory strategies, both on the level of immune function and its physical end products such as pain, calcification etc.

Would anyone share whats working for them or perhaps refer me to previousa threads on this topic?

Many thanks

Sian

The search engine here is not very good, but it is easy to search the forum using google. Just put in your subject and Phoenix Rising. There are a few other tips for searching the forum with google, but I don't have them at hand and just this will work.

Good luck!

Sushi

Ema

Cortisol is just about the strongest anti-inflammatory in the body. Low levels and HPA axis dysfunction can cause chronic inflammation. If you're dealing with inflammation, I would consider getting a saliva cortisol test done.

Fish oil, particularly krill oil which contains astaxanthin, is noted for its anti-inflammatory effects.

Many herbs are supposedly anti-inflammatory. Turmeric is the one that comes to mind first but also rosmarinic acid. You might google for anti-inflammatory herbs. I bet you would find lots of info.

Ema

taniaaust1

Fish Oil capsules is something many of us use (I only thou find them helpful if my osteroarthritis is being an issue). If you buy these check out the container well as some of the brands have you take so many the whole thing is ridiculous eg 9 big capsules per day for one brand I once brought.. but one can get these in higher strength in which only one a day is required.

The search here is terrible hence Ive given up using that to find things.

sianrecovery

The search engine here is not very good, but it is easy to search the forum using google. Just put in your subject and Phoenix Rising. There are a few other tips for searching the forum with google, but I don't have them at hand and just this will work.

Good luck!

Sushi

thanks everyone

Nielk

I have just started an elimination diet in order to see if any food or food group is aggravating my inflammation. I will let you know if it works for me. This is based on the premise that we might be sensitive or intolerant to some food group which is raising Igg and therefore causing inflammation. This is not an allergy which is usually obvious but a sensitivity.

You got some good advice here with eliminating sugar and adding Omega 3 fats.

I would add Coconut - as in coconut water and/or milk. Ginger is also an anti inflammatory.

Good luck!
Nielk

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
good levels of dhea can reduce inflammatory cytokine called IL6 and is implicated in sleep dysfunction in me/cfs.
good doses of a variety of antioxidants vit a/c/e then the sexier ones like nac, lipoic acid, q10, acetyl carnitine. The herbals like curcumin which are promoted for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. With my lower back problems if inflammation seems to be the cause of a bad spell i will use mobic an anti-inflammatory drug for a week.
Pregnenolone a hormones was allegedly used for arthritis before prednisone etc were invented and had none of the side effects these meds did, pregnenolone can actually help with many cfs issues like energy, improved thinking etc not a cure all but it helps.