• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for clues in old medical records

snowathlete

I'm looking for clues.

Before ME, the only real serious illness i had was Mononucleocis, so Im looking back at my medical notes from that time back in 1995 when I was 14. I also relapsed a year or so later but I dont think they tested my blood again when that happened.
So, the first time, If I remember correctly the Dr said I had high White Blood Cells, and that proved I had an infection and from the symptoms it was glandular fever. I dont think I had a specific test for herpes infection. Here are the results I had outside of range, and here are some ranges on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_ranges_for_blood_tests#White_blood_cells_2

WBC [white blood cells -leukocytes] - 13.2 ( X109 /l ) Not sure on the right range but high compared to later tests.

Neurophils [polymorphonuclear neutrophils]- 2.1 ( X109 /l ) 16% of blood

Lymphocytes [T cells, B cells and NK cells right?] - 10.3 ( X109 /l ) 78% of blood
This seems to be the most obviously high result.
There is also a note saying "some lymphocytes appear atypical"

For those that have results from when they had Mono, how do these compare?

Thanks

[edit - probably not related, but i see from my records that a couple of weeks before i was prescribed framycetin sulphate eye ointment. Presumably an unrelated eye infection]

GcMAF Australia

I'm looking for clues.

Before ME, the only real serious illness i had was Mononucleocis, so Im looking back at my medical notes from that time back in 1995 when I was 14. I also relapsed a year or so later but I dont think they tested my blood again when that happened.
So, the first time, If I remember correctly the Dr said I had high White Blood Cells, and that proved I had an infection and from the symptoms it was glandular fever. I dont think I had a specific test for herpes infection. Here are the results I had outside of range, and here are some ranges on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_ranges_for_blood_tests#White_blood_cells_2

WBC [white blood cells -leukocytes] - 13.2 ( X109 /l ) Not sure on the right range but high compared to later tests.

Neurophils [polymorphonuclear neutrophils]- 2.1 ( X109 /l ) 16% of blood

Lymphocytes [T cells, B cells and NK cells right?] - 10.3 ( X109 /l ) 78% of blood
This seems to be the most obviously high result.
There is also a note saying "some lymphocytes appear atypical"

For those that have results from when they had Mono, how do these compare?

Thanks

[edit - probably not related, but i see from my records that a couple of weeks before i was prescribed framycetin sulphate eye ointment. Presumably an unrelated eye infection]
I think i posted some where that there is a lot of Epstein Barr virus in CFS people.
I shall see if i can find the scientific reference.