• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation and Chest pain?

LisaGoddard

Hi, I ended up in A&E yesterday with chest pain. My ECG was fine but I still have the pain. I have recently increased my folate and b12 - could it be just the heart regenerating?
I'm also having hormonal imbalances cos I've had three menses in one month but so far am not aenemic as taking lots of iron.
Any suggestsions?
Lisa

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi, I ended up in A&E yesterday with chest pain. My ECG was fine but I still have the pain. I have recently increased my folate and b12 - could it be just the heart regenerating?
I'm also having hormonal imbalances cos I've had three menses in one month but so far am not aenemic as taking lots of iron.
Any suggestsions?
Lisa

When I was doing the Simplified Protocol, whenever I increased doses of folate or B12 I was apt to get a temporary increase in symptoms--including chest pain. My heart tests did not show anything either but chest pain is one of the ME symptoms that I get when my other symptoms increase.

Best wishes,
Sushi

P.S. Nice to hear your husband speaking on your behalf yesterday.

Sparrow

Are you making any special effort to increase your potassium intake already?

I might consider increased potassium (or high potassium foods), and see if that helps. I get pains in the heart area sometimes, but they seem similar to other body pains I get when my potassium is low. And lowered potassium levels seems to be a common side effect of methylation start-up.

Phred

I have to agree with Sparrow. Make sure you're getting enough potassium. I was getting a lot of chest pain in the summer. Potassium helped some, but I think I was suffering from some residual heartburn too. Heartburn can present as plain chest pain without the burn.

LisaGoddard

Hi,
Thanks for this. It is reassuring. I have been taking potassium gluconate. WOnder if I should be on potassium citrate?
Lisa

LisaGoddard

Thanks Sushi, I will pass that on to my husband. Over the past few weeks, I've wanted to ask Rich some questions. So good of you and Rifka to organise the telephone memorial.
Thanks for your reassuring words.
Lisa