• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation panel

I've seen people mentioning a methylation panel you can get from HDRI that tells you your current actual methylation status rather than your genes.

Where do you get this test, though? I've searched for the HDRI website, but I can't find it. And I can't find anywhere to get the test.

thanks

Aileen

Here is a post by Rich Vank explaining the test and giving contact info. Also you can get it at this website without a doctor (listed as Methylation Panel - Vitamin Diagnostics).

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Here is a post by Rich Vank explaining the test and giving contact info. Also you can get it at this website without a doctor (listed as Methylation Panel - Vitamin Diagnostics).

Good to know that you can get it without a prescription, but looks like you pay about $100 more. To order from Health Diagnostics, your doc can simply write methylation panel on his/her prescription pad and fax it to the lab requesting that the kit be sent to you, the patient. The doc's medical license # needs to be visible.

Sushi

beaverfury

beaverfury
Does the test require a blood sample or saliva sample? Might be difficult sending a blood sample from Oz.
Not sure.

Is the methylation panel the same test as the organic acids test?

Sushi

Does the test require a blood sample or saliva sample? Might be difficult sending a blood sample from Oz.
Not sure.

Is the methylation panel the same test as the organic acids test?

It is a blood sample and I think it needs to stay cold and arrive within 24 hours, so it could be a problem from Oz.

The methylation panel is very different from the organic acids test. If you look here, http://www.seekinghealth.com/methylation-pathway-panel-vitamin-diagnostics.html, on the left you can click on a sample report to see what is tested.

Sushi

beaverfury

beaverfury

daniariete2000

Hi to all ,

I'm on the simplified methilation protocol since 5 months and now I just stopped it. I wonder when it's the right moment to repeat the methilation panel and if it's necessary to stop the treatment for a while since in the panel there are folates measures and they can be affected in folate intake.

Thanks for your help

Daniele

Sushi

It's weird, because there is no mention of the test on the companies website:

http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

No, there is no mention of it but they do offer it. It didn't used to be listed on the test requisition that came with the kit either, and you had to write it in, but it may be there now.

daniariete2000

I think you would probably see change in your methyaltion panel after six months. I waited until a year of continuous treatment and there was a marked change.

I'm on the simplified methilation protocol since 5 months and now I just stopped it. I wonder when it's the right moment to repeat the methilation panel and if it's necessary to stop the treatment for a while since in the panel there are folates measures and they can be affected in folate intake.

I wonder why you stopped? Most people need to stay on a methylation protocol longer. I don't know that you need to stop taking the supplements when you retest, as you want to measure how you are doing on the methylation protocol. I think Rich did post on this question and maybe others will remember what he said better than I do or be able to pull up a quote from him.

Sushi

daniariete2000

Hi Sushi ,

I stopped methilation panel becouse of drye eye syndrome started 3 weeks ago and I don't know if excess of methilation can be the cause. I'm in a very bad moment becouse this new problem affect strongly my job
Thanks for your reply

Daniele

daniariete2000

Do you know in wich post Rich talk about the right moment to do again the methilation panel and if it's necessary to stop the protocol before ? I really can't find this...

Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure where exactly I should post this butI I ran the pathway panel and just got the results back. Do the results ever change how one would go about the protocol or was that pathway panel simply for my knowledge? I emailed Rich in August and I know he had felt strongly that I should have the pathway run and of course it does show the reduced glutathione etc but considering the cost of the test (and that I knew anyways that I obviously had the block based off everything), I was hoping it might be able to more individualized with the results...I am working with a physician on it as well and she is very interested in methylation research (she originally found my MTHFR A1298c mutation-heterozygous) but it is obviously all such new territory and so many differing opinions out there. Is there anyone that is still analyzing the results if I post them or has any experience with making certain tweaks based off individualized results? or do you just have the results for the sake of data and I should just start Rich's protocol.... I already planned on using methyl b12 instead of hydroxy because I was getting hyrdoxy shots for months and I was still deficient in B12 on a spectracell test which makes me feel like I need to use methyl instead....

My results are similar to this person here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/rich-my-methylation-pathways-panel-results.19246/ (in terms of what is high and low) and it seemed like she just went ahead with the standard methylation protocol...any feedback would be so greatly appreciated :)