• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How are people doing with earthing sheets these days?

maddietod

Having, er, slept on this thought, if you were unable to sleep because you were earthed for a change, then clearly your body is having some kind of reaction to being earthed. If this is true, and earthing is ultimately benign, then I'm left wondering whether the earthing you're getting during the day is of adequate quality. It'd be really interesting to see what happened if you could ride through your body's reaction to being earthed, as I'm thinking that you might come out the other side with a happier physiology. Rather than go through sleepless nights I'm wondering if you could make use of the sheet and other good options to make sure you're earthed as well as possible for as long as possible whenever you're not trying to sleep, and see if anything changes over the course of a few weeks (including whether you then find that you can sleep earthed).

Of course, if the sleeplessness was due to the physical presence of the earthing sheet, or skin irritation, or whatever, then the above may not apply.

Interesting thought. I'm barefoot all day, but my floors are wood.......except for the ceramic tile in the kitchen. I could look for my earthing band and try that when I'm sitting on the couch. The sheet (which was very comfortable) wouldn't work because I'd have no skin contact during the day. Hmmm.....I'll give this a try.

moblet

Unknown Quantity
Bare feet on the sheet? If you're comfortable with your feet up on the couch then draping the sheet where your feet will contact it should do the job. I've never worn an earthing band but if I did I've have broken it (or me) forgetting I had it on.

maddietod

I've got the band on now. I figure if it might be stimulating, I should wear it during the morning. It's tingly and warm feeling, so.........something.
Good idea about bare feet on the sheet. Maybe I'll do that as a transition, before trying the sheet at night again.

Earthing.com doesn't sell 'my' band any more, but they've got essentially the same thing - a set of 2 for what I paid for one, on their closeout page:
http://www.earthing.com/category_s/1856.htm.

sianrecovery

I used sheets then moved on to the GIO. You wear a grounded bracelet type thing which goes to the earth point. I use it to sleep and to use the computer. It really has made a difference to me. But then, I was electrosensitive prior to use, and knew EMF's were a problem.

Mimi

My Earthing Kit came with a tester to see if your outlets were grounded enough. Mine weren't, so I grounded the sheet and foot pad into the earth. That seemed to work - I fell asleep quickly last night and took two naps this morning. And my back and neck pain seem to be better.

I've been extremely calm and mellow all day, and I find using the foot pad extremely relaxing. Since sleep and anxiety are big problems for me, I'm pretty thrilled with this.

moblet

Unknown Quantity
Forgot to mention that if you're skint and can sew or embroider, you can make up your own earthing linen by stitching with silver-coated thread, which is regularly listed on eBay. There is also quite a variety of conductive textiles available. If making your own gear remember that it's not enough just to use the fabric, your stitchwork or the conductive area of the fabric must be soundly electrically connected to the earth, most usually via a wire.

chilove

I really felt a big difference when I first got mine but now I can't tell if it's still benefitting me or if I'm just getting better in general.It did help my EMF sensitivity a great deal and I slept much deeper.
I didn't know about the washing it often thing though.. I was actually thinking it was better to wash it less! I"m glad I found out about that.

Audrey

moblet

Unknown Quantity
I didn't know about the washing it often thing though.. I was actually thinking it was better to wash it less! I"m glad I found out about that.
Sweat is corrosive, and the conductive material in the sheets is metal (silver coated thread usually, hence their high cost), so the more you sweat on your sheet, the more frequently you should wash it.

golden

I really felt a big difference when I first got mine but now I can't tell if it's still benefitting me or if I'm just getting better in general.It did help my EMF sensitivity a great deal and I slept much deeper.

Audrey

I had already decided I wasn't going to wash mine - ever- LOL in case I broke it....

desperate times call for...:)

pleased I can wash it ha ha

wdb

Just saw this video and it made me think of this thread, sometimes grounding yourself is the last thing you want to do :)

If you're in the US and can cancel your order, you can have mine. I used it once or twice and didn't notice any benefit.
Do you still have your earting sheet? I would love to have it for my 7 yo granddaughter who has joint pain :-( Thanks! Respond to my email if possible because I'm not sure how to do this forum thing :) pcjore at nccray dot com

Last edited by a moderator:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I'm not sure how to do this forum thing
If you click on a person's avatar a box will pop up and one of the choices is "Start a Conversation." This is internal, secure email, and preserves your privacy.

Or you can mouse-hover over your inbox, click on Conversations, and then New Conversations.