• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crash Symptoms - Immune VS depression/anxiety/fatigue

Red04

My wife has been on Freddd's protocol for 2 years. She is in about 95% recovery when she takes the mb12, ad12, methylfolate, and multi-B.

Her previous crashes (she has had about 6 all from missing vitamins or folic acid introduction) have all led in with slow onset of depression, then anxiety and fatigue.....It was all very clear what happened after the fact. But, it always sneaks in unnoticed.

She has been sporadically missing her vitamin doses and this last "crash" has been a little different. She came down with strep throat 2 weeks ago. Went to the general doc and got z-pac and maybe a steroid. Her symptoms and laryngitis cleared after 8 days (and full vitamin protocol) and now it has returned this morning, after 4-5 full healthy days.

I don't know what is missing, we switched from the jarrow to the enzymatic therapy in the middle of this (we were out of jarrow). In the past, I just loaded her up with methylfolate (from 1600 normal dose to 6400) and she would come out of the fatigue/depression in a few days. This time is a little different.

Does anyone have thoughts on what would be the difference from an immune system crash VS a depression/fatigue crash? Have most abandoned Jarrow and gone to Enzymatic Therapy?

Crux

Hi Red04;
I'm going to attempt to explain something I don't fully understand, so this possibility may or may not apply.

When a body becomes overwhelmed by certain infections, it will sequester nutrients in the liver to keep them from being used by the pathogens for growth. There are other nutrients involved in this process, but I'll just bring up iron and zinc for instance.

From what I've learned about B12 and Folate, it appears that they are synergistic with copper. Copper has been found to have anti-infective and anti-inflammatory properties, when it's in a stable form. Folate combines with copper to stabilize it.

I use to have many lung infections and sore throat pain before I began high dose mb12 and mfolate. They were greatly reduced after supplementation. But for some months this year, I added zinc. I found it to be great for many symptoms, but when I took higher amounts, I began to have a recurrence of lung inflammation and sore throat.

Now I take less zinc, and eat some foods with copper. I feel like I'm back on track.

I believe the Enzymatic Therapy brand is very effective, but I have an issue with it. I think the fructose used to sweeten it is unnecessary . I don't think the quantity of fructose in it is enough to cause problems with most people, but, fructose in high amounts, such as in high fructose corn syrup, ( HFCS), has caused copper deficiency in animal testing.

Again, I really like the ET brand, but I wish they would cut out the fructose.

Freddd

My wife has been on Freddd's protocol for 2 years. She is in about 95% recovery when she takes the mb12, ad12, methylfolate, and multi-B.

Her previous crashes (she has had about 6 all from missing vitamins or folic acid introduction) have all led in with slow onset of depression, then anxiety and fatigue.....It was all very clear what happened after the fact. But, it always sneaks in unnoticed.

She has been sporadically missing her vitamin doses and this last "crash" has been a little different. She came down with strep throat 2 weeks ago. Went to the general doc and got z-pac and maybe a steroid. Her symptoms and laryngitis cleared after 8 days (and full vitamin protocol) and now it has returned this morning, after 4-5 full healthy days.

I don't know what is missing, we switched from the jarrow to the enzymatic therapy in the middle of this (we were out of jarrow). In the past, I just loaded her up with methylfolate (from 1600 normal dose to 6400) and she would come out of the fatigue/depression in a few days. This time is a little different.

Does anyone have thoughts on what would be the difference from an immune system crash VS a depression/fatigue crash? Have most abandoned Jarrow and gone to Enzymatic Therapy?.

Hi Red,

First, strep is pretty well known for causing lots of neurological problems. Second the CNS may have been so reduced that she needs a 50mg dose or so to get back. Second, the Deadlock Quartet should be examined. Third, the boron that is in the Anaobol adb12 might be a missing factor. She needs to get more stable in this and not skip. Stability is easier to keep than to regain.

This new paper
Hypotheses in the Life Sciences Volume 2 Issue 2 pp 31-54
The Very Large Gorilla Sitting in the Room? Adenosylcobalamin is the Missing Link: its Radical and Tetrahydrobiopterin are the Principal in vivo Catalysts for Mammalian Nitric Oxide Synthases.

Carmen Wheatley
Orthomolecular Oncology, (registered charity no. 1078066), 4 Richmond Road, Oxford, OX1 2JJ, and St Catherine’s College, Oxford, OX1 3UJ, UK.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...min-the-very-large-gorilla-in-the-room.20229/

DISCLAIMER

I am a self taught systems analyst and consultant. I am not credentialed, certified or licensed to do anything besides drive a car. I have been disabled by the disease processes being discussed and affecting neurology in a multitude of ways for 10 years and impaired in a variety of ways and levels for 54 years before that. Everything I say is my opinion, synthesis, understanding or otherwise of my own creation except direct attributed quotes. Approximate paraphrases are also my interpretation of what I have read. All of this is at best my data analysis, understanding, synthesis and hypotheses and not to be construed as medical advice. I am not responsible for anything you do with any information provided in any way. Anything you do is your own responsibility and at your own risk. There are no published peer reviewed studies backing up my opinions or statements, except the incidental ones quoted or implicit in my synthesis or understanding, and then only in so far any reading of such papers may confer. Your interpretations, actions and variations of what I say are strictly at your own risk