• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK TV: "The Town that caught Tourette's", Le Roy.

natasa778

BTW that girl from another town (not LeRoy), the one who is still not doing well -- and from what I understood she was the first or one of the first to start showing symptoms -- she also suffers PEM on top of tics and seizures. Has limited phys activity not only because restricted by severe tics, but also because she gets exhausted after about an hour of any activity, including meeting and talking to people ...

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
In the documentary, one of the girls said something like this (paraphrasing): there are the visible signs of the illness - the motor and voice tics and then there are the invisible things: exhaustion, pain in muscles and joints, sore throat (and more that I don't remember).

SilverbladeTE

hehe ;)
silliness is the only way to cope with such lunacy!

seriously, how can you get a contagious psychological illness EXCEPT by telepathy, like, Professor X "getting Jiggy" with yer superego, and giving you a psionic STD, or some such?
complete bollocks is what that is! :p

Professor+X+Getting+His+Read+On_+hollywoodleek_com_46d073_4027683.jpg

natasa778

http://www.malleusmaleficarum.org/downloads/MalleusAcrobat.pdf

The Hammer of Witches was the doctrine in the witch hunts five hundred years ago. Times have not changed that much.

So true, and so relevant!

At the time of the writing of The Malleus Maleficarum, there were many voices within the Christian community (scholars and theologians) who doubted the existence of witches and largely regarded such belief as mere superstition. The authors of the Malleus addressed those voices in no uncertain terms, stating: “Whether the Belief that there are such Beings as Witches is so Essential a Part of the Catholic Faith that Obstinacy to maintain the Opposite Opinion manifestly savours of Heresy.” The immediate, and lasting, popularity of the Malleus essentially silenced those voices. It made very real the threat of one being branded a heretic, simply by virtue of one's questioning of the existence of witches

natasa778

hehe ;)
seriously, how can you get a contagious psychological illness EXCEPT by telepathy
View attachment 4069

Oooh I see you haven't read the Malleus yet ! Educate yourself thus

since the devil has extraordinary power over the minds of those who have given themselves up to him, so that what they do in pure imagination, they believe they have actually and really done in the body.

Isn't this exactly what estimable Dr Mechtler is saying is happening to these girls! This is the official line of Inquisition - "investigations" by the health officials into LeRoy outbreak concludes that 'their inflictions start as pure imaginations and manifest themselves in the body'.

Work of the Devil plain and simple. :devil::devil:

David.S

Davy S
I would like to know if, like here in Australia, about that time a vaccine was being pushed that supposedly prevented cervical cancer. Of course only girls were given this vaccine, and even though the vaccine proved to be no more effective than any other vaccine.
One major problem with any vaccination programs is that they don't assess the recipient for immune system strength before inoculation, (some people with lower level immunity for whatever reason, are much more susceptible to both the active agent being injected or ingested, and sometimes susceptible to the vehicle agents supposedly needed to deliver the active agent or both.
Vaccinations aren't always limited to children which could explain why the older lady also displayed similar symptoms.
Batches of these vaccines can also vary and there is no reason why a particularly toxic or contaminated batch may have found its way to Le Roy.
It appears ludicrous even suspicious that this possibility was never considered, investigated or was quickly dismissed by the medical fraternity.
I am not a conspiracy theorist but I don't just dismiss an argument when it stacks up either.
The superstitious and totally hypocritical rubbish about mass hysteria reeks of a possible cover up !
Can someone in Le Roy please ask these girls, or their parents, if they received any form of vaccination around that time.