• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Chitra Bhakta

ixchelkali

Dr. Chitra Bhakta, in Santa Ana, CA: does anyone know anything about her? Her website says she treats ME/CFS, and she has a section on methylation detox, written by Rich, summerizing a talk she gave on it. I'm intrigued but also leery, because she talks about a lot of very expensive supplements, and there are those doctors out there that are quite happy to separate ME/CFS patients from their money. There are also sincere, well-intentioned doctors who are perhaps a little too willing to experiment with unproved treatments in an effort to help their patients, but who may make them worse in the process. If possible, I'd like to avoid both, but I could really use a doctor who knows something about ME/CFS. So has anybody been to Dr Bhakta or heard about her?

valentinelynx

Wasn't Dr. Bhakta the first MD that Jamie Deckhoff Jones and the WPI hired way back in June 2012 when WPI was going to have a clinic for ME/CFS patients? Before the whole mess blew up? Doesn't say anything about her competence one way or the other. Although JDJ thought well enough of her, I believe.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Wasn't Dr. Bhakta the first MD that Jamie Deckhoff Jones and the WPI hired way back in June 2012 when WPI was going to have a clinic for ME/CFS patients? Before the whole mess blew up? Doesn't say anything about her competence one way or the other. Although JDJ thought well enough of her, I believe.

Yes, that was her. I don't think she ever actually got to WPI though.

Sushi