• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acai may help glutathione? (posting for you, Rich)

CAcfs

I posted this on my Acai thread which I think is under General Treatment, and I'm also copying it to a couple of my other threads. But then I decided to give it it's own thread, specifically so Rich would see it or any others interested in glutathione. I thought the info was kind of cool. Maybe berries or foods helping gluathione is nothing new, but I still liked the blurb I found on this site. Here's my copy/paste:

I have not been on this site much lately at all, but I recently came across this article stating that Acai upregulated...or did something to.... two genes relating to glutathione in a mouse study (I think I paraphrased that properly). I "was" looking for a quote about Acai and cytokines, but I ended up finding this. READ THIS!!!!!! IT IS SHORT. Click the link below, scroll down to the section in the middle labelled "Study Details"(it is a short paragraph, but I can't copy it here).

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Amazing-acai-alleviates-atherosclerosis-Study

This would explain possibly why Acai helps me in the same way TMG seems to help me, glutathione. I agree with Rich that all roads may lead to glutathione (or at the least, I heard him question if...). I think the main problem in my CFS is what Cheney says, "too high cytokines and lack of gluathione" (paraphrasing). What's interesting is that certain supps that should lower cytokines don't really produce energy in me, but then some really really do. Then some gluta precursors don't help as much as others with energy (the only real barometer I use). From what I read, there are different types of cytokines, and certain substances lower certain cytokines better? Acai does lower cytokines. And maybe with the gluta, there are just certain things that my genetic makeup needs more than others. Either way, I am becoming a believer that CFS actually is curable.

CAcfs

Took yet another break from the site after posting this, as I try not to spend too much of my time on health websites because I feel I need more of a clear headspace to heal, especially now as I'm going through major life changes as well. Yes, I saw the tribute to him on the home page awhile back, but thought to myself, "there is no way he has passed, so it is merely a tribute with bad wording" and actually didn't even click it! I don't come to this site often. I just couldn't comprehend that someone so full of life and so active here and frankly, so important to "me" in his own way (in the same way he's touched all of us) was actually gone from this earth. It is funny, because I will sometimes get on this website, even though I'm not in the mood, just because I feel I have something to let Rich know......I really believe in his theory, above all others, and I have slowly come to believe in it, after trying so many other things and seeing no hint of progress.

His contributions are just astounding. I believe that what he had to say is really the most important info on this website. It is there for anyone that wants to listen. For me, I had some other issues to get over before I could actually see the benefits of what he had to say. For many of us, I believe it's true, something he said recently (paraphrasing because I'd have to search for the post)----all roads lead to gluathione. I thank his family for "lending" him to us and I thank him for all the time he spent here, when he didn't have to.

Now I have seen a few posts today, after coming back to the site after another long break, I was shocked to see that we did indeed loose him (though not his work!). I can't believe I didn't even realize when it happened! I feel embarrassed. :(

So very saddened to hear this. May he rest in peace. I feel for his family. What a great contribution he has made. I know I will be FOREVER grateful, truly. Rich, you changed my life! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I did not know him personally, but I do know that he helped us in a truly selfless way.

CAcfs

newradost,

Just use the search feature on this site, and type in my name with Acai to see some of my posts. Some are quite lengthy. The ones that give the best info in general talk about TMG too. I think Rich weighed in on a few of those.

I was (I'm off all supplements at the moment for something personal) using Now brand capsules, 500 mg capsule, take 2 at once (they are freeze dried Acai, I believe this is the best form above juice or dried fruit) from iherb.com. I would take 2 at once for the maximum benefit. I have also seen great benefit from Now brand TMG, 1,000 mg. The other thing I would recommend is the Perque brand Activated B12 Guard, which is hydoxocobalamin. Some see benefit from methyl B12, for that I use Natural Factors from iherb.com, 5,000 mcg chewable, dissolve under the tongue. But honestly I prefer the Perque "hydroxy." I also use Solgar's Metafolin. I am giving you all this info in case you don't have time to click through my posts. The Acai and the TMG help me the most, but it's also important to have enough B's......a good multivitamin helps too.