• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brucella! How about You?

so i just got my test results back from KDM, it turns out i have Brucella in me, ( bacteria you get from eating infected raw cheese or milk, so i guess that homemade cheese in Bolivia was not such a good idea.....)
KDM is happy and feels like this is the answer to my kind of CFS, i am not so sure ( i have been told som many times now that i will be cured and that they found the missing link...)

I have seen on this forum that many seem to have many different kinds of pathogens, and when treated very few actually get better.

What is your experience? have you tested postitive for brucella or any other pathogens ? did the treatment for these make you better?

i have gotten a script for antibiotics and i will try to get them today... i will treat for this but the champangne will have to wait (probably till i can tolerate alcohol again :)

ukxmrv

I've been tested for brucellosis but negative. Does this correspond with your symptoms and timing of onset for you?

Hope the AB's help.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
so i just got my test results back from KDM, it turns out i have Brucella in me, ( bacteria you get from eating infected raw cheese or milk, so i guess that homemade cheese in Bolivia was not such a good idea.....)
KDM is happy and feels like this is the answer to my kind of CFS, i am not so sure ( i have been told som many times now that i will be cured and that they found the missing link...)

I have seen on this forum that many seem to have many different kinds of pathogens, and when treated very few actually get better.

What is your experience? have you tested postitive for brucella or any other pathogens ? did the treatment for these make you better?

i have gotten a script for antibiotics and i will try to get them today... i will treat for this but the champangne will have to wait (probably till i can tolerate alcohol again :)

I'd say that while this may not be the "answer," it is definitely something that is wrong and it is treatable, so I'd go for it and hope that knocking down at least one pathogen will help the whole picture even if it does not bring a "cure."

My experience is that when some pathogen is found and is treated, it does make a difference, even though there are other parts of the puzzle to figure out.

Best,
Sushi

Alice- it was a a simple blood test, that i took for KDM ( professor Kenny de Meirler) I tested for several different (about 10) pathogens and the whole test was quite expensive, about 1000 euro.

It does makes sense timewise that i have Brucella but i have some other symptoms that are so "pure" ME like PEM and POTS that are not present in Brucella. but i do hope i take a load off.

the Ab are supposed to make me sick and my swedish doctors are worried about that, they don't understand that i have had ME for 3 years and that i am used to feel sick ...