• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have prostatitis and ME?

kday

And have symptoms that get relief when there is inflammation of the prostate, and get worse when the inflammation seems to be down? (yes, an opposite correlation)

I am 25 years old. I got bit by a tick and had bartonella, Lyme disease, rickettsia rickettsii (IgG titers) and who knows for sure what else. Had many tests along with very specialized tests (such as bicycle VO2 test, etc) that indicate ME as well.

PokerPlayer

I had mild to moderate prostatitis symptoms for two years during my slow onset cfs. I now have mild prostatitis permanently. I am only 24, and I had my first prostatitis symptoms when I was 21

Grape Funk

I am also about the age of some of you here, 24, got ME around the same time a prostate/yeast like infection occurred (also had a girlfriend at the time). I have always wondered if prostatitis was a major player. I have to add though, now 4 years into the disease, only get the symptoms of prostatitis when i am in a bad crash/ flu-like state. Especially with these two symptoms:

Pain or burning sensation when urinating (dysuria)
Difficulty urinating, such as dribbling or hesitant urination

PS. Anyone check out a young male on this forum who cleared his symptoms with a combo of HIV drugs plus prostatitis drugs? Then stopped the therapy and symptoms flourished again? hmmm...

kday

PS. Anyone check out a young male on this forum who cleared his symptoms with a combo of HIV drugs plus prostatitis drugs? Then stopped the therapy and symptoms flourished again? hmmm...

Now that's interesting. Is the post still here somewhere?

Andrew

I developed prostitis in about 1967. It's been on and off ever since then. But I didn't get hit with CFS until 2005, so it's sort of hard for me to equate them. I was dxed with prostate cancer in 2008.

All these years I equate a pain inside the perineal area as prostate pain. But my doctor pressed on my prostate to see if we could find the area that hurt. We did not, so maybe that pain is not actually in the prostate.

I can imagine a situation with CFS getting better makes prostate worse. If the immune system is on overdrive to fight bacterial infection (as is thought by some to be part of CFS), then one would have less bacterial infection.

Iv had ME/CFS for about three years maybe a little more. Had a positive MELISA for lyme and bartonella. EBV, HHV6 also active a year ago. Recently I became afflicted with cpps or something like that. Urinary problems, lack of sensation in penis, tingly feeling in there. While this has happened my me/cfs has went into remission of some sort. Migranes, jaw ache, liver pain, fatigue, muscle pain and brain fog. Its all really calmed down. I do feel really depressed though

xks201

yes I did. raised my testoserone and lowered my estrogen and SHBG and that helped get rid of it for the most part but if u got dysbiosis it will be inflamed

*GG*

Clomiphene citrate is not testosterone lol. not even close

WTF!, I just looked it up, seems like the opposite, Just sent my Dr an email for clarification! Seems like it's for women, Clomiphene citrate I am not!

GG

PS Thanks for pointing this out! Hopefully it was not a mix up at the pharmacy?

clomifen is a female fertility drug that can stimulate the production of androgens in men. i also had terrible chronic prostatitis -- i'm pretty sure all males with ME do -- which has gotten better over the years with various ME treatments but still persists in lesser form to this day...

Xks01 I was wondering if you could elaborate on the testosterone link to prostatitis. What symptoms did u experience? Any numbness or tingling in the penis, rectom and perineum?

Grosolo why do u think we deal with prostatitis? Would u also mind sharing your prostatitis symptoms? I don't mean to be rude. What has helped u most with these symptoms?

I have prostatitis. It is actually CPPS/Pelvic Floor dysfunction, but 90% of the time this is misdiagnosed as prostatitis.

acer2000

Yes, I had this as one of the first symptoms when I came down with ME. I could barely sit down because of the pain in that area. It only lasted a few weeks and then the pain subsided. The other symptoms of ME continued.

I have prostatitis. It is actually CPPS/Pelvic Floor dysfunction, but 90% of the time this is misdiagnosed as prostatitis.

ViaSwiss is there anyway you could share your cpps symptoms with me? If you dont mind, as Im a little confused by mine and dont know if its something else. Im getting a whole host of rectom, penis symptoms that are uncomfortable. Im also getting some tingly feelings.

yes I did. raised my testoserone and lowered my estrogen and SHBG and that helped get rid of it for the most part but if u got dysbiosis it will be inflamed

Hi there, could you ellabotae a litlle on the testosterone link. Did supplementing test get rid of it? What kind of symptoms were you having?