• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AHCC

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Something i didnt realise but i will blame cfs cognitive issues for it, now i will explain.

Starting a new immune formula while i wait for my immunovir to arrive, hoping it can help with sinuses as antibiotics arent working as well as they did. My doc has said that sinusitis is probably a co-infection as my immune system is crap. Now i have used this product before and it has helped me avoid colds/flus through winter, it contains Astragalus 5000mg, shiitake 3000mg and olive leaf 2000mg so its quite strong for 1 tablet and i take 1 morning and night, its only been a few days but i think its helping as i have lowered my antibiotic dose with no dramas yet and if it stays this way i will look at stopping them soon??

This is the product KI Immune defense formula http://www.martinandpleasance.com/brands/ki/about-ki-immune-defence-and-energy-formula/ and is an australia company selling it.

Anyway i was looking up the ingredients as i do and looking into shiitake/lentinula edoded mushroom, i found that AHCC is a compound extracted from shiitake, DOH! I know shiitake is not as strong as AHCC products but i have been wanting to try AHCC for awhile but put it off as its quite expensive as far as supplements go. I suppose shiitake probably has other useful ingredients other then AHCC as well??

SO if i find this product helping i may just spend the extra cash on a AHCC product. Also of note is that the 3 products in the Ki immune defence formula are in the Equilibrant formula Dr Chia recommends. Hopefully i cant go wrong there as dr chia uses them to help strengthen the immune system while sophora herb goes directly for viruses??

hopefully someone finds this helpful and of interest,
cheers!!!

Ema

I have a bottle of AHCC I bought for my kitten when he was dying from FIP last winter. I think I only used a handful of them at most and it's been in my freezer ever since. I wonder how much it would cost to send it to you to try from the US?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have a bottle of AHCC I bought for my kitten when he was dying from FIP last winter. I think I only used a handful of them at most and it's been in my freezer ever since. I wonder how much it would cost to send it to you to try from the US?

Thanks for the offer Ema but probably cost you more to send it over then its worth, maybe someone local to you could benefit from your generousity.

thanks