• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Chocolate

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I made more chocolate today and took a photo. I never thought I would like dark chocolate, but since I don't eat sugar now (or almost none) and simple carbs I make choc. I can eat. It has dark choc, cocomanna (whole coconut), coconut palm sugar and cashews. I make another kind with no nuts but peppermint oil. YUM.

My doctor wants me to eat coconut manna and coconut oil daily so this is one great way. He likes dark chocolate in my diet also.

candy.jpg

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
YUM indeed! Is the cocomanna more solid than coconut oil? I have thought about making chocolate with coconut oil, cocoa, stevia, and whatever else I might be inclined to add during the winter when the coconut oil is solid. I am afraid it will melt as soon as it is touched.

Sallysblooms

Yes, coconut oil is more solid, at least the kind I use. My doctor likes it because it is the fiber and not just oil. I just made a smoothie and I use the unsweetened coconut flakes in it. So good. I also had a tsp of coconut oil with my supplements.

smoothie-1.jpg

RosieBee

Great pictures Sallyblooms. I make chocolate 'bombs' by simply mixing pure chocolate powder and melted coconut oil, put in ice cube maker and in the freezer. They stay firm in the freezer til you want one. You can add flavours with cinnamon powder/oil, peppermint oil etc or chopped nuts etc. This was an essential part of my candida regimen - and so tasty!

Rooney

Thanks so much for these candy ideas. Share the recipes, ladies?

I add one teaspoon of c. powder to a serving of plain yogurt and a sweetner. Quite a treat.

Sallysblooms

I just melt Giradelli choc bars, add two tsp. of coconut palm sugar, and about the same of coconut manna. Then two drops of peppermint. Or without the peppermint. I just pour it over cashews in my little molds.

alice

I just melt Giradelli choc bars, add two tsp. of coconut palm sugar, and about the same of coconut manna. Then two drops of peppermint. Or without the peppermint. I just pour it over cashews in my little molds.

Dear Sally - do you mean 2 tsp of coconut manna, or same amount as chocolate bars. Sorry I don't know about coconut manna. Do you order it online? Thanks for sharing.

Sallysblooms

I use a big choc. bar. I really don't measure anything, but a tsp or two of the manna. I am just guessing. You can play with it. Yes, I ordered the coconut manna. I bought Nutiva brand. You can google about it. It is the whole coconut. Just a way to add things to choc. to make it even more healthful. You can add the coconut palm sugar to taste. It is low glycemic so much better than reg. sugar. I use dark chocolate and I am still getting used to it. I miss milk chocolate!!!

taniaaust1

As a huge chocolate fan.. reading this thread has made me head for my chocolate and Im now munching on it.

As Im on a very restricted low carb diet.. I love to make sugar free chocolate desserts I put into small cups. I just melt a sugarless chocolate down in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.. and then mix it with equal part cream (or less if i want a thicker dessert) then refridgerate in small cups. If I have any mulberries on my tree.. I like to chop them up and add them to the choc dessert before its set.

My favourite sugarless chocolate is the ones from a company called "sugarless", they do all kinds of flavours. Im going to try making my own choc mint mousse soon.