• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DWP/UNUM/ATOS SCANDAL ~ Professor Simon Wessely:

alex3619

I just finished a blog on a related topic, Greenwashing, which I hope to post after I have had some sleep as I am in crash mode from a busy day. There is a long history of ambiguous, dubious or outragious things associated with the treatment of ME as a psychiatric illness. Its days are numbered, at least for some of the so-called "unexplained" diseases, as explanations are slowly being developed that have nothing to do with psychiatric causation. This has happened before though - for diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis,lupus, MS, peptic ulcers and so on. These people have to be stopped, but its much much bigger than one man, or just ME. Bye, Alex

SilverbladeTE

One of the greatest and most suicidally stupid things ever done, was letting the Industrialists and Doctors get away with genocide at the Nuremberg Trials, sigh.
Thousands of them should have been hung or incarcerated for life, a clear warning from society, that such will not be tolerated
but, no, expediency and greed won, and so, we have this crap STILL with us.

Enid

The photographs speak volumes - a steak, glass of wine and all the confidence of knowing your opinion cannot be challenged because it's only speculation (beyond scientific proof).

If it's only human for Docs to view the public as "foolish, uncomprehending, hysterical etc" - the public (being human too and by the same token) could be excused for viewing some Docs likewise.