• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gestalt's Genova, 23andMe & Yasko Methylation genetic results

greenshots

You absolutely rock!

But I would make it a fee for service since people always mean well but don't tend to donate. You're providing a service that will save people boat loads of time and frustration and you'll have to pay for the site. Even if you made the cost $5 (PayPal charges you, right?) you would offset the cost of PayPal and site upkeep. Everyone who needs to know, will know you are doing the rght thing without taking advantage of people. Just a thought.

kday

There is actually a few ways to make money. A donate button, becoming an amazon affiliate (promoting Amy Yasko's book), and become a 23andMe affiliate. So those are several potential sources of income. Not sure how much that would bring in. Haven't thought too much about it yet.

nanonug

There is actually a few ways to make money.

Just a quick note: once you start making money off of a genetic analysis service, even if indirectly, you may unwittingly become under the jurisdiction of the FDA or your State's Board of Health or whatever they call it where you live. So, be careful!

could someone please explain Yasko's snip vdr taq Tt and vdr fok FF....these are what mine say....have no idea what the 2 big F's are in the fok and what it deals with....the other one Tt says hetero but what does it deal with.

thanks for any help

Gestalt

could someone please explain Yasko's snip vdr taq Tt and vdr fok FF....these are what mine say....have no idea what the 2 big F's are in the fok and what it deals with....the other one Tt says hetero but what does it deal with.

thanks for any help
The short answer.

VDR Taq:
VDR Taq TT = +/+ (red, complete defect) tolerates more methyl donors
VDR Taq tt = ‐/- (green, no defect) tolerates fewer methyl donors
VDR Taq Tt = +/- (Yellow, partial defect)

VDR Fok:
VDR Fok ff = +/+ (red, full defect)
VDR Fok FF = ‐/- (Green, no defect)
VDR Fok Ff = ‐/+(Yellow, partial defect)

thank you Gestalt and Caledonia

so that means the fok FF has no defect and the taq is hetero being Tt......so maybe i shouldn't concentrate on those since my other ones i have are more important.......i've been working on the protocol for the mthfr ++ with meyhyl folate and b12 both kinds methyl and hydroxy....

i also have comt v158m and h62h both are ++ and comt 61 +/- and the mao a ++ this one i hear you have to thank your mother for....

also have the nos++ and a couple other ones hetero....things change so fast from one day to the next day sometime you don't know what to take......had gotten some better with the protocol by Rich and Freddd but had broken ribs again and they finally ran a bone scan and said i have osteoporous(sp)......thought maybe the vdr might have something to do with that since i'm only 58

again thank you all for all you do and best of life

kday

My site is up in running in very limited form. I am having people help me translate data genetated into a comprehensive analysis like on the Yasko and Detoxigenomics panel. If anyone else is interested, let me know. There is no data collection going on yet, so there is no need to worry about privacy.

Detox data is not available yet. I expect to have most things done in the next few weeks if my health permits.

Here is the new site: http://geneticgenie.org/

Hey kday if you could put a mention that you got your SNP info from my spreadsheet, that would make me happy. I put a lot of time into that thing.

Thanks

kday

No problem. Just let me know how you want the link formatted and where you want to link text to say and the URL you want me to use. (blog post? Spreadsheet?). I'm on the road, but I'll do it at the hotel tomorrow assuming I feel well and have time.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Again, incredibly useful info. One question, Gestalt. You mention in the first post that you detoxed heavy metals before adressing the leaky gut/catabolic state (which I have big time). How did you accomplish that step? It wasnt as important as the others?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Also, what micronized glutamine its best? Are they all equal if they are Pharmaceutical Grade? I am thinking in using Pure Advantage, 15 grams per day.

Gestalt

Again, incredibly useful info. One question, Gestalt. You mention in the first post that you detoxed heavy metals before adressing the leaky gut/catabolic state (which I have big time). How did you accomplish that step? It wasnt as important as the others?
I did try a stint with EDTA and DMSA for heavy metal detox, from a symptom point of view though using them seemed to have no beneficial effect on my body. I along with my nutrigenomics doc feel that if you can fix the other problems your body has, you will naturally detox heavy metals without any targeted extra support. According to yasko a lot of metals are there because of microbes and bacteria, and boosting the bodies immune system to remove those will often remove metals as well. The heavy metal testing most people do is questionable in terms it may not be able to detect hidden stores. Thus progress in this area is difficult to track as well, where in other areas it is relatively easier. In my opinion there is no point worrying about heavy metals unless you have reason to believe you had an extreme exposure. The body if supported correctly should be able to take care of metals itself.

Also, what micronized glutamine its best? Are they all equal if they are Pharmaceutical Grade? I am thinking in using Pure Advantage, 15 grams per day.
I used several brands of micronized glutamine, they all seemed to have the same effect. I think most come from shellfish, however the PVL essentials one I used was vegan and came from fermented beets.