• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Combined HYDROXY and METHYL

While on Rich's protocol, could one combine both the HYDROXY and METHYL forms of B12 to cover all bases (without the benefit of a genetic test)?

I currently take only HYDROXY at 2000mcg and was thinking of increasing. It crossed my mind that I might have more luck with adding the METHYL form at 2000mcg as well, making 4000mcg total but in the combined form.

Thoughts?

Seven7

Seven
I did something like that, Doubled the B12 levels in less than a month to 3,000. Dr ask me to temporally stop supplementing. But b12 keeps me going everyday, I lost my "make it through the day tool".

I develop eye pain and angina pain when I am over b12 levels, I don't need to be tested to know when I am over. I suggest you keep monitoring your blood levels and any new symptoms.

I had no idea you could overdose on b12 at 3000mcg. I was assuming that increasing b12 if I can tollerate the detox symptoms would help with overall healing.

Anyone else experiencing problems, what are the safe limits for b12?

The question regarding overdosing can be seen here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b12-blood-test.18951/

I'm still quite interested in weather the RichVank protocol would work with a combined approach of hydroxy and methyl drops. I may be over simplifying it, but if the genetics determine if one will respond to either hydroxy or methyl (or both) and its hard to overdose in b12, wouldn't it be a more rounded approach to just take both. Wouldn't it be more likely to ensure a positive response?

Apologies if this question has already been covered elsewhere.

The question regarding overdosing can be seen here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b12-blood-test.18951/

I'm still quite interested in weather the RichVank protocol would work with a combined approach of hydroxy and methyl drops. I may be over simplifying it, but if the genetics determine if one will respond to either hydroxy or methyl (or both) and its hard to overdose in b12, wouldn't it be a more rounded approach to just take both. Wouldn't it be more likely to ensure a positive response?

Apologies if this question has already been covered elsewhere.

I am not in a position to answer but i have a question...

what is the methyl mate and what is it for on rich's protocol?

also what is the folinic acid for?

could theses be added as well to cover all bases?

denise

thanks

i was reading an article that the dr at health diagnostic where rich said to take the methy pathways test $300 (instead of yasko $500 test) and he mixes all 3 b12
hydro, methyl and adbenol b12 together.

have you looked into the co factors like l- carnation?

choline?

Tmg?

i am on methyb12/folate, Tmg and today added folinic acid, feel a bit better

this may be worth a try

I am not in a position to answer but i have a question...

what is the methyl mate and what is it for on rich's protocol?

also what is the folinic acid for?

could theses be added as well to cover all bases?

denise

thanks

i was reading an article that the dr at health diagnostic where rich said to take the methy pathways test $300 (instead of yasko $500 test) and he mixes all 3 b12
hydro, methyl and adbenol b12 together.

have you looked into the co factors like l- carnation?

choline?

Tmg?

i am on methyb12/folate, Tmg and today added folinic acid, feel a bit better

this may be worth a try

answered my own question.

I re read rich's 1 st protocol and
just now revision today 8/25/12

and he answers what the methyl mate is=a form of metafolin either solgar metafolin or holistic health fol po (sp)

also answered what folinic acid is and why it is a important component.

i am on pure encapsulation methyb12/folate as metafolin l-5-MHTF
1 cap is 800mcg. I am on 1/8 cap=100mcg, all I can handle without brain fog and believe it or not it is enough to help me a bit.
In rich's revision it seems he is more inclined to have someone on up to 2000mcg b12 and 400-800mcg of folate.

I will have to cross that bridge when i come to it if i have to increase the methyb12 from 800mcg and up.

i am also trying to figure out if to add hydro b12 to methyl or

try hydro instead of methyl and does adben b12 fit in anywhere.

this is complex but the more i read, i understand it better.

if i can't do the testing it is trail and error, or muscle testing, biofeedback or something like biofeedback, but more tech, avatar to help with the addition or changing of b12

and then there is the co factors, minerals, etc wow, a lot

thanks

denise.