• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metametrix Results

paul80

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on my metametrix GI results. Seems like i don't have candida which my doctor expected, but i have parasites instead.

My plan is to get rid of the parasite, take leaky gut supplements, and start the methylation protocol. Im not sure if i should do them all at once or kill the parasite first? Maybe vitamins or minerals can feed the parasite?

I've been taking activated charcoal and it has ben helping with my gut problems a lot. But i read somewhere that it take vitmains out your system. So i'm not sure whether i need to stop taking the charcoal when i start the methylation treatment.

I was also wondering if i can start on the betaine HCL for low stomach acid, or should i avoid this for the parasite like with H.Pliori?

Attachments

• Gastrointestinal Function Profile.pdf
    396.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Sensitivity - Fungi.pdf
    342.9 KB · Views: 25

nanonug

i have parasites

Blastocystosis is a tough infection to get rid off, I am afraid. Wikipedia provides somo info on treatment.

Im not sure if i should do them all at once or kill the parasite first?

If it were me, I would try to get rid of the parasite first. That includes the betaine HCL, in my opinion.

So i'm not sure whether i need to stop taking the charcoal when i start the methylation treatment.

If taken at the same time, the charcoal will probably absorb some of the stuff you take together...

In the results, I noticed that you also don't have much good intestinal flora. After getting ridding of the infection, I think it would probably be a good idea to consider a good and strong probiotic such as VSL #3.

Good luck!

paul80

Hi sorry i didn't reply i have no internet at the moment and need to visit family to use theirs.

Thanks for the info. Why would you avoid the Betaine, do you think it would irritate the parasite?

Also did you notice it said there was another thing found under parasites?
Can someone explain what this means:: "A taxonomy unavailable finding likely indicates an ingested protozoan and not a human parasite."

And the part under fungi/yeast, it says it is probably ingested mold, i guess this is nothing to bother about then?

nanonug

Thanks for the info. Why would you avoid the Betaine, do you think it would irritate the parasite?

Before taking betaine HCL, I think it makes sense to ensure your gut is free of "irritants" with the parasite being one. It is a cautionary thing more than anything else.

Also did you notice it said there was another thing found under parasites? Can someone explain what this means:: "A taxonomy unavailable finding likely indicates an ingested protozoan and not a human parasite." And the part under fungi/yeast, it says it is probably ingested mold, i guess this is nothing to bother about then?

I personally would not worry about the "taxonomy unavailable" bugs. As it says in the report, it is probably something you ingested.