• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

woke up in the closet

hurtingallthetimet

by yestereday morning i had not sleep in over 24 hours...by time i went to sleep it was about 1 am last night and i cant even count up how long that would have made my total not sleeping...

i went to bed, hubby sick with congestion and snores anyway...and then this morning when he got up to leave for work at 6am he found me alseep in closet...i was kinda embarassed...and hate wehn i do someting in middle of night i cant remember...i must have been so exhuasted that i went there to sleep...but good think is...i slept so hard i dont reember being uncomfortable or anything in there...so thats a plus...but back hurts like heck from the floor

peggy-sue

I assume you did not pee in the closet? If not, award yourself some extra brownie points.
I do know of blokes who have done this......

Nielk

I'm glad hurtingallthetime that you finally got some sleep. So it was in the closet....who cares - sleep is sleep!

hurtingallthetimet

thanks everyone your replies were all cute and funny and made me smile : )

yes i am glad to have gotten some sleep even if it was in the closet...

medications always cause weird strange vivid dreams and after the withdrawls from the seroquel when i do get any sleep the dremas are even more wierd and i really hate the nightmares..maybe a side effect of the withdrawls? not srue but i will take some sleep in a closet any day over none at all

Nielk

hurtingallthetime,

I too have been having strange dreams - sometimes more like nightmares since withdrawing from Klonopin.

Once I even woke up so startled and was confused whether what I experienced was real or just a dream.

This experience of remembering dreams is so new for me. All the years I was on Klonopin, I'm not sure if I dreamed at all - at least I didn't remember dreaming.

hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetime,

I too have been having strange dreams - sometimes more like nightmares since withdrawing from Klonopin.

Once I even woke up so startled and was confused whether what I experienced was real or just a dream.

This experience of remembering dreams is so new for me. All the years I was on Klonopin, I'm not sure if I dreamed at all - at least I didn't remember dreaming.

nielk thanks so much for sharing that, it is scary because i have really vivid weird strange dreams like i said and sometimes they are nightmares which i hate it takes me awhile sometimes to shake those dreams off...i keep dreaming of traumatic things in my past and it does take a toll on ones mind...

im not happy at all that you are or have gone through the same thing at all...i dont want anyone to go through that..but as i siad it helps to know that someone else goning through similar thing so probably just a side effect? i was kinda starting to feel even more crazy...like some dreams will be so vivid and from such traumatic things that have happened that i just thought maybe i was losing it....

always had the insomnia but slept a little better on the seroquel 5 or 6 hours straight is good for me after days of not sleeping when i was on it...but i would have vivid dreams, nightmares sometimes on it and doctor had said can be a side effect...or either like you i wouldnt dream at all...or maybe id forget that id dream i dont know...but alot of times no dreams at all...

i hope we all have good dreams and sleep well ....everyone deserves to at least have some peace and happiness in their dreams...

taniaaust1

If you are taking B vitamins, be aware that they too can cause vivid dreams for some. (B vitamins are common for those in dream study groups to be taking as it can help with remembering dreams etc).

peggy-sue

I have heard that having a vase of scented flowers that you love in the bedroom can help dreams become good rather than bad... obviously, IF you can tolerate them.

Olfaction (smell) is connected directly into the brainstem, bypassing any "higher" functions - smell is a very, very important sense when it comes to safety of the body!

So feeding something lovely in at this level, helps banish nasty influences which come from "higher" functional levels.