• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Connective tissue problems resolving this fast?

Rand56

This may sound strange and it's kind of hard for me to believe this myself, but I have only been taking Diatomaceous Earth for only a week and I am already seeing relief from a constant nagging tightening of my right hamstring that has been bothering me for quite some time. I would hardly think it would be placebo effect from noticing the physical signs of it helping already. For some time I've been dealing with tightening of my hamstring only after I'm sitting for a short while, whether it be at my computer desk or from driving. Then it would always take me a few minutes of walking around before it starts loosening up some more. Can silica work on someone this fast? Maybe I've just been too deficient in it, I don't know. I've also dealt with problems with my ligaments/tendons in my elbows and especially more of a nagging problem when lifting weights. Actually it's been awhile since I have lifted because of those nagging issues with my elbow tendons. Hopefully the DE can help with that too and I don't see why it wouldn't help. I've read where you really don't see benefits of taking silica for atleast about 3 months and that makes me even more surprised that I could be seeing some benefits of it this soon.

I found this statement about silica on a website and does anyone know if this is just hype or is it based on fact? .........

"Silica is the most important trace mineral for human health!" Silica plays an important role in many body functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption"

Just helping with mineral absorption would be a huge benefit.

"

"

xrunner

I tried silica after reading Buhenr's book on Lyme and Dr Klinghardt recommending it for all sorts of problems. It's supposed to be good for connective tissue but I can't say I have noticed any difference, except for better looking hair.

I have a similar problem with my right hamstring, a very old one. A physio told me it's a problem stemming from the lower back. He reckons that most muscular problems, injuries etc. in the legs are due to back problems due to nerve irritation or inflammation. However, I have not found yet a way to fix it.

And I also have problems with tendons when lifting weights and exercising and I have already injured my biceps twice in less than a year, not to mention my right hamstring.
I have been taking manganese for almost two months now as it's supposed to help with that but it doesn't seem to. Only anti-inflammatories seem to help a bit.

Rand56

hi xrunner

Yeah it's a pain cause I like to lift weights and the darn elbow issues held me back. Also forgot to mention that I've also dealt with issues with my wrist tendons, so I'm hoping the silica can help overall. Also on occasion I have some lower back issues so it makes sense what you say about the hamstrings and lower back. I know they always say to make sure you keep your hamstrings stretched out when you get lower back issues. I really am amazed at the dramatic difference already with my hamstring and I cannot attribute it to anything else other than the DE I'm taking.

xrayspex

I am confused, why do you start out talking about taking DE noticing and noticing improvements but then discuss silica? they arent the same are they?

Silica made me gain weight. I didn't mind. I think my body was depleted and stored it. I was also taking collagen pills and other supplements, but I think it was the silica. I think collagen helped strengthen my connective tissues, which was good, but I want some tissue to be weaker so I can do myofascial release easier. Both of them affected me quickly.

Rand56

I am confused, why do you start out talking about taking DE noticing and noticing improvements but then discuss silica? they arent the same are they?

hi xrayspex

DE is mainly silicon dioxide. So yes, it is silica. I haven't ever taken any other forms of silica before.

xrayspex

huh, and silicon is known to be good for connective tissue?
this is odd to me tho about the DE, I actually have some food grade stuff I got to try in case i have any unwanted creatures but i havent had the guts to try it yet cus it seems slightly risky.
Also I dont see how someone would gain weight on DE, it would clean you out I would think. I would expect maybe some herx too. It could really dry someone out if not careful perhaps.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Silica made me gain weight. I didn't mind. I think my body was depleted and stored it. I was also taking collagen pills and other supplements, but I think it was the silica. I think collagen helped strengthen my connective tissues, which was good, but I want some tissue to be weaker so I can do myofascial release easier. Both of them affected me quickly.

Hi,

What form of collagen pills are you taking?

Sushi

Rand56

huh, and silicon is known to be good for connective tissue?
this is odd to me tho about the DE, I actually have some food grade stuff I got to try in case i have any unwanted creatures but i havent had the guts to try it yet cus it seems slightly risky.
Also I dont see how someone would gain weight on DE, it would clean you out I would think. I would expect maybe some herx too. It could really dry someone out if not careful perhaps.

hi xrayspex

"silicon is an essential nutrient for the structural integrity and development of connective tissue."

http://www.wingspanartsintl.com/specials/strengthentissues2.pdf

Asklipia

I found the best silica to be organic silica G5, a man-made silica which has immediate and extraordinary results. It works by helping micro electrical exchanges in the body.
There are some fakes around. Bought mine from Ireland.

By the way, when I took silica, it was in a tablet form. Or maybe capsule.

What form of collagen pills are you taking?

The bottles say "collagen type II". I don't know about other forms of collagen. I read type II was good and tried it. I haven't taken them for years. When I did, I took them for at least a year.

xrunner

I found the best silica to be organic silica G5, a man-made silica which has immediate and extraordinary results. It works by helping micro electrical exchanges in the body.
There are some fakes around. Bought mine from Ireland.
Asklipia, what kind of results have you had?

Rand56

I found this interesting...

"Likewise, excessive magnesium intake will increasingly inhibit silicon absorption, no matter how much silicon is supplemented, and at which point silicon will no longer be able to lower magnesium. Only by raising sodium or phosphorous levels, and decreasing magnesium and/or calcium intake, is it possible to raise germanium or silicon levels again, following the inhibiting action of phoshorous on calcium, and/or sodium on magnesium."

http://www.acu-cell.com/gesi.html

I used to take fairly frequent epsom salt baths to try and alleviate the soreness in my tendons, which really didn't seem to help. Also, I was supplementing magnesium and I don't believe I was concentrating enough on supplying myself the other electrolytes. Maybe I just had magnesium overload which depleted my silicon levels even more. I don't know, but I guess that is possible.

Allyson

By the way, when I took silica, it was in a tablet form. Or maybe capsule.

The bottles say "collagen type II". I don't know about other forms of collagen. I read type II was good and tried it. I haven't taken them for years. When I did, I took them for at least a year.
Dr Heidi Collins say sin one of her u tube talks that the body cannot use ingested collagen to make collagen - not sure why but she is emphatic about it - I took it for a while before I read that - can t say it did much good

Ally

Tammy

Yes...........I do believe that it is possible that you saw improvement within a weeks time from your supplement. When I started taking Malic Acid a few weeks ago I noticed an improvement in my muscles within 5 days and like you with the DE it was kind of hard to believe that it worked so fast.......but in fact it did and suffice to say it is the only supplement that has worked that fast and continues to work for me. Here's hoping that you continue to see improvement!

Allyson

Yes...........I do believe that it is possible that you saw improvement within a weeks time from your supplement. When I started taking Malic Acid a few weeks ago I noticed an improvement in my muscles within 5 days and like you with the DE it was kind of hard to believe that it worked so fast.......but in fact it did and suffice to say it is the only supplement that has worked that fast and continues to work for me. Here's hoping that you continue to see improvement!

how does the malic acid help please Tammy ad how do you take It ?

thanks

ALly

Tammy

@ Ally..................It helps my muscle pain and stiffness which were off the charts...........and as a result of feeling like I'm not dealing with a 100 lbs of lactic acid in my muscles anymore, I feel as though they have more strength. Muscle weakness has been one of my major symptoms. I take anywhere from 800 to 2400 mg per day but then I take what I call supplement holidays where I do not take anything.