• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ADHD and Indecisiveness

I have a lot of problems with attention, concentration and Indecisiveness and of course I have chemical sensitivity. What is recommended for such situations until I'll solve that problems?

nanonug

I have a lot of problems with attention, concentration and Indecisiveness and of course I have chemical sensitivity. What is recommended for such situations until I'll solve that problems?

Do you experience "brain fog"? Do you have skin rashes or gastrointestinal issues?

Anyway, if you have ADHD, supplements just don't work, you need drugs. As a parent whose child has ADHD, I know!

adreno

PR activist
Lots of people seem to think they have ADHD if they have problems with concentration. This does not have to be the case. If you have diagnosed, clinical ADHD I agree with nanonug; only drugs are likely to help.

If you have the usual CFS brainfog, there could be a number of reasons for this, including inflammation, excessive histamine, and electrolyte imbalance. You might try Rich Vank's methylation protocol or some anti-inflammatories, P5P, magnesium and fish oil. Personally I like a strong cup of java and CDP-choline for improving attention.

I don't diagnozed specifically as an ADHD sufferer. I have the problems I wrote below and my cognitive abilities are not as before, I think it connects to the whole situation. I also has gastrointestinal symptoms but it's not a big issue and it has improved so much with my detox. I don't want to take ritalin because It can make me other symptoms and maybe addiction to it.

Adreno, regarding fish oil, I don't want to take products produced from animals and I'm also afraid the declairation about the heavy metals inside the capsules is not always the truth. What do you mean by java? Does the CDP-choline has side effects? Whether P5P is like B-6?

nanonug

I don't diagnozed specifically as an ADHD sufferer. I have the problems I wrote below and my cognitive abilities are not as before, I think it connects to the whole situation. I also has gastrointestinal symptoms but it's not a big issue and it has improved so much with my detox.

This might be worth watching (starts automatically at time 5:55 but feel free to watch the whole thing):

Mast Cell Activation Symptomatology

adreno

PR activist
I don't diagnozed specifically as an ADHD sufferer. I have the problems I wrote below and my cognitive abilities are not as before, I think it connects to the whole situation. I also has gastrointestinal symptoms but it's not a big issue and it has improved so much with my detox. I don't want to take ritalin because It can make me other symptoms and maybe addiction to it.

Adreno, regarding fish oil, I don't want to take products produced from animals and I'm also afraid the declairation about the heavy metals inside the capsules is not always the truth. What do you mean by java? Does the CDP-choline has side effects? Whether P5P is like B-6?
If you didn't have attention problems before you got ill with ME/CFS, you are not likely to suffer from ADHD. In ADHD the attention problems show already in childhood. So, in this case, I wouldn't recommend Ritalin.

Java is just slang for coffee. If you don't want to take animal products, you could try perilla oil. P5P is active B6. If you're a vegan, you definitely also need B12.

CDP-choline can have side effects, such as insomnia, headache, nausea, stiff muscles and low mood. I do not suffer any of these from it, though. I take 250mg daily.

Hi Adreno,

To my opinion, Coffee is not so good idea for people with cfs/chemical sensitivity...

P5P is active B6
So is it exactly like taking vitamin B6?

If you didn't have attention problems before you got ill with ME/CFS, you are not likely to suffer from ADHD. In ADHD the attention problems show already in childhood.
I had already a kind of learning problem before I got ill but it wasn't so big problem as after that.

you could try perilla oil.
Do you mean capsules of perilla oil?

Thank you,
Rachel.

I was never diagnosed as an ADHD sufferer either, but my ability to concentrate and make decisions seemed to be severely degraded (as well as memory loss). It often seemed as if the right and left sides of my brain were not properly communicated with each other (especially felt this in the mornings). Sometimes it seemed like one side of my brain was very low energy (in sleep mode) while the other was much better, with those states reversing during the day.

In a recent check with my nutritional response clinician, he determined that my brain's hemispheres were indeed not communicating well. The nutritional product that tested for healing this condition was Standard Process' e-Poise. Since I've started on this supplement, my brain seems much more cogent, with improved concentration and much better brain energy.

https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/e-Poise

Another product that I have been on (and still am) is Standard Products' Neuroplex , which helps the brain rebuild. Used to feel like there were "dead spots" in my brain - but when using this product the "dead spots" fill in.

https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Neuroplex

Keep in mind that my brain - through muscle testing - was found to have a significant amount of heavy metals (aluminum, palladium, copper, arsenic, chromium, mercury) deposited there (which probably resulted in cell death), as well as proteins and peptides associated with wheat, corn, eggs, dairy, and soy. Only after extensive chelation and enzymatic therapy to remove the metals and peptides did my body show affinity for e-Poise.

I believe that once leaky gut syndrome begins, many people (like me) are susceptible to reduced effectiveness of the blood/brain barrier. Once that barrier's effectiveness is reduced, the brain's health deteriorates.

adreno

PR activist
So is it exactly like taking vitamin B6?
It's not the same. Some people have problems converting B6 to it's active form.

Do you mean capsules of perilla oil?
That's right.

The upshot is that you could try a good multivitamin, or B complex, containing the active B vitamins, including methylcobalamin, methylfolate and P5P. Add to that EFAs (EPA/DHA), phospholipids and magnesium. This should provide you with the basics for neuronal functioning.