• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Treatment protocols to ask my doctor to try

Like many, I am sick & tired of being sick & tired!

I've been ill since 2001 after contracting mononucleosis and have been treated mainly with medications, which their side effects have caused more problems, and yes you guess it, more prescriptions. I would be very happy to feel even the slightest bit better than currently.

I have an appointment to see my new GP doctor this 7/20/12. So far, she's very compassionate and takes the time to go over things with me, but she has not suggested any new or treatment protocols. My question is: What are some (affordable, as I'm on SSDI) test/treatments and/or prescriptions that have shown some positive effects on CFS/ME patients.

Thanks in advance.

*GG*

Vitamin D is also an immune modulator, and is hard to get toxic on, and you can have your Dr check your blood levels regularly.

GG

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Where do you buy it from? Do you need a prescription?
Thanks,
Lisa
ps I live in the UK so prescription would not be possible as they only prescribe antidepressants

A lot of patients in the UK buy LDN on the internet (from India) because of this problem. I believe they buy tablets of Naltrexone, 50 mgs, dissolve it in the appropriate amount of distilled water and start taking it at somewhere between .5 mg and 1.5 mg (you have to be very careful to titrate the dose up very slowly--it took me 4 months to reach 4.5 mgs.)

Normally it is by prescription, but patients report that the product from India works well, just a bit of a hassle to dissolve, measure etc. Note: the dissolved solution needs to be kept in the fridge in a brown glass bottle.

Sushi

taniaaust1

Unless you are trying to work with doctor on treating certain symptoms.. I'd give doctor a miss and go onto one of the methylation protocols if you havent tried that already (eg Fredds or Rich's methylation protocol). Dont underestimate the power of some supplements.

xks201

guanfacine, T3 replacement therapy, hydrocortisone replacement, sex hormone replacement. Possibly atenolol. Possibly adderall or wellbutrin and or lexapro.

LisaGoddard

A lot of patients in the UK buy LDN on the internet (from India) because of this problem. I believe they buy tablets of Naltrexone, 50 mgs, dissolve it in the appropriate amount of distilled water and start taking it at somewhere between .5 mg and 1.5 mg (you have to be very careful to titrate the dose up very slowly--it took me 4 months to reach 4.5 mgs.)

Normally it is by prescription, but patients report that the product from India works well, just a bit of a hassle to dissolve, measure etc. Note: the dissolved solution needs to be kept in the fridge in a brown glass bottle.

Sushi
Thanks, that's very helpful to know!!