• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

jarrow- did it change???

Adster

I wish they would make these without the flavourings and mannitol/sorbitol/xylitol etc. It's medicine, not lollies. A huge percentage of people taking them would have intolerances.

Adster,
I agree, those sugar alcohols cause intestinal upset for me and many people, they are known for that. And the citric acid definitely erodes my tooth enamel. Stevia would be preferable if they must sweeten it.

Chris

Does anyone know whether the expiration date of B12 tablets has to be taken seriously? I overbought when I started some time ago, and now have tablets with an expiry date of Aug 2011; do I really have to junk them?
Thanks, Chris

jarow's goal is cash...i will never have faith in a company that calls its consumers idiots! This begs the question though, what forum was that link whee the Ceo was rude from? I find it pretty cool that someone was able to ask a question and have it forwarded directly to the ceo. even though he;s a prick if anyone here has ay hopes of saving jarrow maybe you should post on that forum.....i personally dont care and am ordering solgar.

as for solgar I have some concerns.
1- how does it taste? is it lie candy?
2-whatis the durability of thetabs. i have read on many reviews that they dont dissolve but one of the posters here said they do too quickly.
3 dealng with 2 do they feel thick like jarrow...or paper thin and disintegrating like natural factors bran?

Asklipia

[quote="rctriplefresh5, post: 278054, member: 4129"
as for solgar I have some concerns.
1- how does it taste? is it lie candy?
2-whatis the durability of thetabs. i have read on many reviews that they dont dissolve but one of the posters here said they do too quickly.
3 dealng with 2 do they feel thick like jarrow...or paper thin and disintegrating like natural factors bran?[/quote]

1- It tastes like candy but not too bad
2 & 3- Solgar last a long time if you put them under the upper lip, which I find not pleasant with the Jarrow as it it too big in the beginning for that. I feel that the longer it lasts, the better the absorption. The Jarrow lasts a long time because it is bigger but I dont know where to put it, eventually it gets eroded by saliva faster because of the location in the cheek so I would say both last the same, except that Solgar is more comfortable.
Solgar is very small. I don't know NF bran.

i put them under the tongue.n.o wonder you guys are getting corrosive teeth lol.
ahh i was hoping it was a bigger one..well it's still worth a try...even if i dont like it ill still have an extra glass bottle.

''it tastes like candy but not too bad'' lol i would assume itt astes good not bad. Is it cherry?

Asklipia

i put them under the tongue.n.o wonder you guys are getting corrosive teeth lol.
ahh i was hoping it was a bigger one..well it's still worth a try...even if i dont like it ill still have an extra glass bottle.

''it tastes like candy but not too bad'' lol i would assume itt astes good not bad. Is it cherry?
Yes "natural" flavour cherry

adreno

PR activist
Does anyone know whether the expiration date of B12 tablets has to be taken seriously? I overbought when I started some time ago, and now have tablets with an expiry date of Aug 2011; do I really have to junk them?
Thanks, Chris
No danger in taking them, but they might be less potent.

Thanks, Chris
I wouldnt buy them...b2 lasts for yrs....my bottles expire april of 2014. Yours were orob from 2009!

Chris

Adreno, thanks---I will keep taking them, but alternate with fresh Hydroxy ( the ones I have are Meth). And thanks too rctriplefresh5--I see the point of your name--but I was not offering to sell them! Just thinking of junking them. Chris

Victronix

I posted a review on iherb -- http://www.iherb.com/mypage/Reviewer1760004 Please click "yes" for if it was helpful if you want to increase the visibility of it.

I didn't see any other recent negative reviews on there.

The Solgar has very different start-up effects for me, although it may be that I'm just at a different stage then when I first started Jarrow a few years back. In any case, I'm still working on getting the dosage right, and thankful there is a reliable product, at least.

I have never used the Jarrow methyl B12 when it was in glass bottles, so I can not compare. I have ordered 1 bottle and then another 2 recently and they all seem fine. Cotton inside and pale pink tablets. It could be that some of you are dealing with a bad batch.

I just ordered Solgar in order to compare. The methyl B12 is really working for me, so I guess I am still sensitve enough. Not extremely sensitive though, since I need to take a high dose to feel them. I will post after testing.

With regards to response from Jarrow. They should have a product quality complaint procedure. By the sound of their e-mail it's either not in place as it should be or it hasn't gone through the procedure correctly. This is worrying.

cph13

I called Jarrow today. It seems they added cellulose 2 years ago. 1 year ago they went to plastic. They HAVE NO RETURN POLICY but suggest the product be sent back to our supplier. I am disappointed to say the least. I am fortunate that I was holding off on starting the SMP due to a gum infection. The fun just never stops, does it!!!!
So what is everyone now using?

Seadragon

I need to re-order soon and am wondering is everyone changing to Solgar now?

I have Jarrow Mb12 (plastic bottle) and it seems to have lost flavor, color and also effectiveness :eek: over time so I am thinking of changing to Solgar - any other people who have used both and compared them? More input would be helpful.

Love Esperanza x

Hi everyone. I'm a new member but I've been reading the posts for over a year.

I've been having the same problems reported here but with the Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion. I had been taking them since last July. Then I bought a few bottles from VitaCost back in March. I noticed a color change in the pills but didn't think much of it. I also started to realize after taking the new supply for a couple months that my symptoms were coming back, but couldn't imagine why until I read these posts. Like the Jarrow B12, the Enzymatic Therapy B12 pills were almost white whereas before they had been pink. Since they were shipped in March, it doesn't seem likely that the change was due to heat during shipping. The expiration date on them is 2014.

After reading the posts here, I started Bluebonnet's Earth Sweet Chewable Methylcobalamin Vitamin B-12 as a sublingual yesterday. This morning I woke up with a headache which is the usual sign of detox/start-up symptoms for me. After taking them again today, I have a worse headache/mild flu-like symptoms. I'm convinced that I wasn't getting any or much B12 with the Enzymatic Therapy B12 Infusion after they changed somehow. The Bluebonnet B12's seem to be making a difference, although it's too early to tell yet. I'm willing to experiment, though, with different brands. I've already ordered the Holistic Health methyl B12 mega drops that Rich is thinking of switching to, so I'll be trying that too.

Ema

I'm also noticing a return of start-up symptoms with the Bluebonnet. Not so much fun to go through again...

freshveggies

glad I read this. My eyesite has gotten worse this last week and now I know it is the b12! I need to find a new brand. In the meantime, I am going to try ET to see how I do.

Adster

Jarrow 1000mcg tablets appeared to change colour slightly a while ago, maybe a year, where the b12 powder/crystals seemed to changed to a darker red. Maybe that's what people are noticing? I've been dripping some of the liquid from my 25mg/ml mb12 injections(I'd stopped the SC injections months ago) onto quarters of the jarrows under each side of the tongue. My eyesight has improved markedly, everything is colourful, especially blues and reds. I used to get this improvement on the jarrows alone.

So I don't know if the jarrows is not as good as it once was, or that my need for b12 has increased.