• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lysine during methilation ? (Rich..)

daniariete2000

Hi ,

I'm assuming 2 gr/day of Lysine HCL during the simplified methilation program . Do you know if this can increse the detox reaction too much or release glutammate ?

Thanks

Daniele

richvank

Hi, daniele.

As far as I know, taking lysine-HCl should not cause problems with detox or glutamate on the simplified methylation protocol. Lysine is helpful for making carnitine, which is usually low in ME/CFS. It is also helpful for countering herpes viral infections. Dosages as large as 10 grams per day have been taken for short times, but have not been tested over longer times. The kidneys are vulnerable to overdosage of lysine. Usual dosages are about 3 grams per day.

Best regards,

Rich

greenshots

I can't remember exactly why but I know your supposed to be on arginine if you take lysine for a while. Some kind of imbalance occurs otherwise.

I can't remember exactly why but I know your supposed to be on arginine if you take lysine for a while. Some kind of imbalance occurs otherwise.

I believe that if Lysine is taken for a herpes virus like EBV that feeds off arginine, the idea is to fool the virus because lysine is similar to arginine. So in that case taking arginine would be counter productive I guess.