• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydroxocobalamin causes stomach pain

Hi all,

Both hydroxocobalamin and cyanocobalamin effectively improve my memory, concentration and energy level. But at the same time they both cause stomach pain after several days of usage.

Is it possible to overcome it somehow? Can't it be the case that hydroxocobalamin depletes something and depletion causes stomach pain?

Any help'll be highly appreciated.

Orally.
Do you think that hydroB12 and cyanoB12 can influence stomach walls directly?
Good suggestion but when I initially started to take cyanoB12 I took 500mcg every day for about 2-3 weeks and there were no side effects at all (and that time was best time in my life:)). Now if I try to do the same thing I begin to feel pain within 2-3 days. Anyway I agree that it's good idea to try take my pills sublingually. Thanks.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Orally.
Good suggestion but when I initially started to take cyanoB12 I took 500mcg every day for about 2-3 weeks and there were no side effects at all (and that time was best time in my life:)). Now if I try to do the same thing I begin to feel pain within 2-3 days. Anyway I agree that it's good idea to try take my pills sublingually. Thanks.

You could also inject hydrox B12. There can be problems with cyano--many steps to make it bioactive and then there is CYANIDE!

Sushi

Freddd

Orally.

Hi Luca_Toni,

I think that hydroxcbl and cyanocbl are about 1% effective or less as b12, leaving approximately several hundred symptoms of mb12/adb12 untouched and worsening despite improving some symtpoms. A person can develop worse and worse b12 deficiency symptoms despite taking hydroxcbl, and sore stomach, nausea, daily vomitiing and such are all part of the mb12 deficiency pattern. Cyanocbl and hydroxycbl sometimes work a little better the first few weeks until methylation capacity runs out. Also, if they do work, they can trigger the healing startup that immediately causes potassium and methylfolate deficiencies/insufficiencies which can cause all sorts of problems including inflammation in many tissues, muscle spasms and associated pain, muscle paralysisi in the stomach and elsewhere, etc. With hydroxycbl and cyancbl it's hard to tell what is what. becasue the problem can be working or genuinely worsening.or even both at the same time and makes it all very confusing.

DISCLAIMER

I am a self taught systems analyst and consultant. I am not credentialed, certified or licensed to do anything besides drive a car. I have been disabled by the disease processes being discussed and affecting neurology in a multitude of ways for 10 years and impaired in a variety of ways and levels for 54 years before that. Everything I say is my opinion, synthesis, understanding or otherwise of my own creation except direct attributed quotes. Approximate paraphrases are also my interpretation of what I have read. All of this is at best my data analysis, understanding, synthesis and hypotheses and not to be construed as medical advice. I am not responsible for anything you do with any information provided in any way. Anything you do is your own responsibility and at your own risk. There are no published peer reviewed studies backing up my opinions or statements, except the incidental ones quoted or implicit in my synthesis or understanding, and then only in so far any reading of such papers may confer. Your interpretations, actions and variations of what I say are strictly at your own risk.

You could also inject hydrox B12. There can be problems with cyano--many steps to make it bioactive and then there is CYANIDE!
I don't use cyanoB12 anymore:cool:
I think that hydroxcbl and cyanocbl are about 1% effective or less as b12, leaving approximately several hundred symptoms of mb12/adb12 untouched and worsening despite improving some symtpoms...

I tried mb12 and adb12. Both caused the same problems within hours after taking: chest pain, low energy level, breathing difficulties. But it seems that trying do adopt these supplements in combination with potassium is the only way to get positive results.

When I was taking mb12 I expirienced one strange thing: there were no difference in side effects between 1mg mb12 tablet and very small piece of the same tablet. I mean that (side effects from 1mg mb12 == side effects from 1/30mg mb12). Why is it the case?

Freddd

I don't use cyanoB12 anymore:cool:

I tried mb12 and adb12. Both caused the same problems within hours after taking: chest pain, low energy level, breathing difficulties. But it seems that trying do adopt these supplements in combination with potassium is the only way to get positive results.

When I was taking mb12 I expirienced one strange thing: there were no difference in side effects between 1mg mb12 tablet and very small piece of the same tablet. I mean that (side effects from 1mg mb12 == side effects from 1/30mg mb12). Why is it the case?

Hi Luca_toni,

But it seems that trying do adopt these supplements in combination with potassium is the only way to get positive results.
Well of course. The potassium is the most common mineral in the body and is used in every cell made. When healing starts up, potassium levels go down, causing all sorts. of problems including pain, heart arrythmias, digestive system paralysis, muscle paralysis and potentially death if left to continue going low. Of course there are usually milder symptoms to start with giving the person a chance to take more potassium and be comfortable. Its usually the first of about 15 or 20 potential induced deficiencies including methylfolate, if the bascis are not taken as well. This casues ineffective healing, stop and go healing, discomforts of many kinds and different body breakdowns than if a person chooses to do it with the basics and adjusting the doses of methylfolate and potassium, titrated on an as needed basis. Many peop[le can actually substantially recover in a year or so if they do that and aft er that year start rehabilitation. Healing continues for several more years at least. after that typically.

General body healing, given the right nutrients, is often "turned on" by about 50mcg of absorbed mb12. Other levels of healing, such as muscle restoration, body neurological and CNS-neurological pick up generally at higher doses but those require at most a relatively small adjustment.

DISCLAIMER

I am a self taught systems analyst and consultant. I am not credentialed, certified or licensed to do anything besides drive a car. I have been disabled by the disease processes being discussed and affecting neurology in a multitude of ways for 10 years and impaired in a variety of ways and levels for 54 years before that. Everything I say is my opinion, synthesis, understanding or otherwise of my own creation except direct attributed quotes. Approximate paraphrases are also my interpretation of what I have read. All of this is at best my data analysis, understanding, synthesis and hypotheses and not to be construed as medical advice. I am not responsible for anything you do with any information provided in any way. Anything you do is your own responsibility and at your own risk. There are no published peer reviewed studies backing up my opinions or statements, except the incidental ones quoted or implicit in my synthesis or understanding, and then only in so far any reading of such papers may confer. Your interpretations, actions and variations of what I say are strictly at your own risk.