• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Come one Come all.... help me with my memory problem!

place

Be Strong!
I just want to thank you up front becasue after I read your responce the chance of me remembering anything will be hard!

I am really struggling with recall of names, objects or anything. It's like its not there. It has become difficult at work. Embarrassing to say the least. I feel like I have dementia. This has gotten worse with the B12 protocol.

Any thoughts or suggestions....

nanonug

My suggestion: get tested for viral and bacterial infections. Any methylation protocol is at best a band-aid. If I am not mistaken, you are also taking a bunch of potassium. Do you have regular blood tests to make sure you are not over doing it? Same advice goes for DHEA, which you are taking a ton of.

place

Be Strong!
Ohhh Nano... band-aids are for stopping the bleeding AND hiding Staph infections! I think I might try to find the balance with the potassium.

I have been tested (overly tested) the only thing I have had was CPN and candida. I take Doxy twice a day.

Two things that do help my mind clarity are Lovenox and Diflucan. I have not noticed if it helps memory recall.

silicon

I think that my memory and brain function in general is worse when my sleep has been worse, but if I can somehow manage a nap, that sometimes helps.

Freddd

I just want to thank you up front becasue after I read your responce the chance of me remembering anything will be hard!

I am really struggling with recall of names, objects or anything. It's like its not there. It has become difficult at work. Embarrassing to say the least. I feel like I have dementia. This has gotten worse with the B12 protocol.

Hi Place,

So what exactly are you currently taking? I need to know that before I can even begin to take a shot at the answer.

I have the same problem so I am waiting to hear other suggestions. I work so hard, I am an occupational therapist at a school for children with developmental delays. I am exhuasted and brain dead by the time I get home and then starts my second job (mom and wife)! I read and read and research new things for work. If I don't write them all down "poof" there gone.

place

Be Strong!
I got really sick on Friday night and not for good reasons. I think I was fighting something all week (nano, how did you know!!!) and then battled with it all weekend. I think that added to my moron like mind. So it is better but not as good when I am on lovenox and or diflucan. So I know I can get to that state. I think I will look at the methylation cycle chart to see what I am missing and add that to 1 million pills I am already taking =(

Cat- I know how hard you work, I worked with ots and pts when I taught. I had to quit teaching because I could not sustain the energy. Life did get better energy wise after I quit but not everyone has that choice. Hopefully your school district keeps your caseload below 50.

place

Be Strong!
Adreno- I have not heard of CDP or Brahmi- I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
can look into racetams eg piracetam and aniracetam. I used them a few years ago and they helped clear the fog. I think i stopped using them as there was a problem with the supplier. WOuld like to use them again, i preferred aniracetam, for some reason piracetam made me sleepy during the day.

cheers!!!

place

Be Strong!
Heap... I have heard of pregnenolone but not your first post. It's google time! Thanks!!!

richvank

Hi, place.

Low acetylcholine might be another possibility. It is very important for memory. Supplementation of choline and acetylcarnitine might help, but check with your doc first.

Best regards,

Rich

adreno

PR activist
Adreno- I have not heard of CDP or Brahmi- I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Here's a little help:

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001 Aug;156(4):481-4.

The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects.

Stough C, Lloyd J, Clarke J, Downey LA, Hutchison CW, Rodgers T, Nathan PJ.

Neuropsychology Laboratory, School of Biophysical Science and Electrical Engineering, Victoria, Australia.

RATIONALE: Extracts of Bacopa monniera have been reported to exert cognitive enhancing effects in animals. However, the effects on human cognition are inconclusive.

OBJECTIVE: The current study examined the chronic effects of an extract of B. monniera (Keenmind) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects.

METHODS: The study was a double-blind placebo-controlled independent-group design in which subjects were randomly allocated to one of two treatment conditions, B. monniera (300 mg) or placebo. Neuropsychological testing was conducted pre-(baseline) and at 5 and 12 weeks post drug administration.

RESULTS: B. monniera significantly improved speed of visual information processing measured by the IT task, learning rate and memory consolidation measured by the AVLT (P<0.05), and state anxiety (P<0.001) compared to placebo, with maximal effects evident after 12 weeks.

CONCLUSIONS: These findings suggest that B. monniera may improve higher order cognitive processes that are critically dependent on the input of information from our environment such as learning and memory.

PMID:11498727

place

Be Strong!
Howdy All,

Memory has been better this week but not great. I think this very important to solve as many people struggle with this. Or at least get a list of possible contenders to solve the problem.

Silicon- Your pict/avatar make me smile everytime I look at it. My sleep was very poor last week and sleep really does make or break it.

Adreno (yummy, I love studies, thank you!), Heap and Rich- thank you very much for the suggestions. I am going to trial them one at a time for two week each. Hopefully I will get lucky on the first trial! A girl can dream....