• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hair results and supplement programme

xrunner

I’ve just started Christine’s protocol. I wondered who else is doing it as it would be interesting to compare results and also see how we get on with it.

My hair chart results were kind of confirmed other tests.
Main abnormalities were the presence of some heavy metals: some nickel, arsenic, lead but aluminum the highest (not sure where’s coming from).
This was consistent with a DMSA challenge test I did about a year ago which showed lead and arsenic.
The absence of any mercury in all tests I have done is quite puzzling, since I had amalgams for years, replaced recently, which should have increased exposure.

Nutritionally, the main imbalances were in Ca/Mg, Ca/K, Zn/Cu all quite high whilst Na/K was low. Copper and manganese are quite low. Sodium and potassium levels are inverted and all consistent with blood results. Zinc looks ok and this is the main discrepancy with blood work where it was a bit low.

Vitality ratio: 0.9 (2.5-4)
Adrenal ratio: 2.67 (4.17-)
Carbohydrate/gluconeogenesis: 20.33 (3.3-10)
Thyroid ratio: 6.79 (4)

The main conclusion was that there is a long-term nutritional stress due to lack of certain vitamins and minerals.

Current plan includes:CoQ10, B2, Manganese. To be added later B12, Vit E, Selenium.

bertiedog

Don't forget if you are a poor detoxifyer then the mercury might not show at all. I believe this is quite common. To check this out you can do a MELISA test which tests your lymphocytes reaction to heavy metals. Mine showed I was allergic to mercury and nickel but after having all amalgams removed 10 years ago and chelating it out with alpha lipoic acid and some DMSA as per Cutler the lymphocytes now only react in a normal way. However I still have a problem with nickel so I am chelating that with l-methionine, liposomal glutathione, selenium and zinc as per Dr McClaren Howard's protocol.

I don't believe hair tests can be 100% reliable because of this issue of poor detoxification which is quite common with this illness, indeed it could be one of the main reasons why some of us get sick to start off with (genetic tendancies to poor detoxifiation). If the mercury is tucked away in some of your organs then this won't show up on a hair test unfortunately.

Pam

xrunner

Pam,

Thanks for the explanation. My dentist said something similar.
It will be interesting to see whether the picture changes with some of the nutritional adjustments implemented.
I have also used DMSA as per the Cutler's protocol and this perhaps affected the results.
I also did a lymphocyte sensitivity test but didn't think it was reliable. I had to repeat it a few weeks later and it showed completely different results when nothing had really changed.

I did the Acumen tests for a few years but I found them not very helpful.
When something was detoxified then something else would show up. Eventually, after having detoxed all there was to it, only products of lipid peroxidation would show up and yet I wasn't getting any better at all, if anything worse. So I gave up.

Hanna

Hi Hanna,
Thanks but I don't have a Facebook page...
Is there a reason why we don't have a discussion on here similarly to the many other treatments and protocols and also share with others who might be interested?
xrunner, members of the group feel better to discuss it on facebook since Christine was dismissed from PR. There is also the forum meandmyhear... Hope this helps too, Best,
Hanna

bertiedog

Pam,

Thanks for the explanation. My dentist said something similar.
It will be interesting to see whether the picture changes with some of the nutritional adjustments implemented.
I have also used DMSA as per the Cutler's protocol and this perhaps affected the results.
I also did a lymphocyte sensitivity test but didn't think it was reliable. I had to repeat it a few weeks later and it showed completely different results when nothing had really changed.

I did the Acumen tests for a few years but I found them not very helpful.
When something was detoxified then something else would show up. Eventually, after having detoxed all there was to it, only products of lipid peroxidation would show up and yet I wasn't getting any better at all, if anything worse. So I gave up.

That’s tough to take when you go through everything systematically and yet you don’t feel any better. I do feel that for some of us who have been ill for a very long time that so much damage is done we are unable to get to a place where we feel better unless very radical measures are taken.

This has happened to me recently when it was found I had under half the oxygen sats in my tissues that I should have and was told I need to breath oxygen for up to 4 hours daily. This really shocked me but over the past 2 weeks since doing this with an oxygen concentrator I have been so amazingly better and been able to achieve so much more. So much so that yesterday I bought my own oxygen concentrator so I have always got it.

I noticed a big difference after just 1 hour of an oc, much better and clearer vision and my legs were half the weight they had been. The improvement continues all the time I breath oxygen but when I was without it for 26 hours I felt as ill as ever and completely exhausted. It reminded me of how dependant I am on it. I was diagnosed with a severe dysautonomia at the Breakspear after autonomic testing with Dr Shah.

I have been ill since 1979 and know I have had mercury poisoning, still too high levels of nickel, a mold in my gut I have been unable to get rid of plus I have 4 Herpes-type viruses at abnormal levels in my blood including Cytomeglovirus for which I am taking Immunovir hopefully long-term but with breaks on the weekend and the odd month.

This illness really is a very distressing condition and I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to feel any better despite all that testing.

Best Wishes

Pam

Hi xrunner,

I just got my results back as well:

I am high in mercury(still have a couple of fillings), arsenic, aluminum and nickel and my ratios are:

vitality: (deemed inaccurate due to sodium interaction with metals?)
adrenal: 1.5 (4.17)
carboydrate/gluconeogenesis: 15 (3.3 - 10)
thyroid: 30 (4)

Christine told me to start off with B2, B12, Manganese, COQ10, Selenium and a probiotic and to add in Vit E a little later.

I'm kinda thinking that 30 on the ol thyroid scale might be a little high...

Thanks for sharing! I was really curious to see what other people were finding. I requested to join the facebook group - if you wanted to, you could just make up a dummy account to join the group. There's about 25 people on there.

Best regards,
Justine