• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shift in Research Direction in Lupus and Asthma

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks Kaffiend - interesting stuff. Those pesky B cells keep popping up everyhwere!

Enid

Thanks kaffiend - real science/research/researchers move forward.

Waverunner

It makes you think again about ways in which Rituximab might work.

Yes, it really does. I wonder if asthma can be improved by Rituximab and I wonder if the Th2 B-cell component of the successful CFS Rituximab trial has anything to do with the successful outcome.

alex3619

Waverunner, I have been wondering about a Th1 shift using Rituximab for some time. It also fits with the slow response time. It also fits with findings of treatments like LDN. This research is simply one extra piece of the puzzle. It encourages me too that if this is the case then a low dose cocktail of immune modifiers might work better and be cheaper than Rituximab, and without the potential risks. Bye, Alex