• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Over active immune system and Imunovir

soxfan

So I am pretty certain my immune system is in an continous over active state...I never have any kind of illness (other than CFS) in about 4-5 years and even then it was just a cold.

I have read alot on Imunovir since it is something I have never tried before and am trying to figure out if if would help me. My body tends to get hyper stimulated with mostly mental exertion and standing at work. It has become so bad in the past couple of months I am considering having to quit my job.
By the time I get home from work I am in such a bad way that I have to immediately lay down for at least a couple hours. My heart pounds...my insides are trembling and I just lay there in such exhaustion.

I was thinking I have POTS but my heart rate doesn't increase all that much when standing...maybe up to 90 or so.

I am seeing my doctor in 2 weeks and would like to be able to discuss this with him and at least have some clue about what I am talking about.
I don't know if Imunovir can help in this overstimulation problem or if there is something else that I could try.

I have to use Klonopin at times when it is unbearable and my body just can't settle down but don't want to use that on a regular basis.

I am really suffering with this particular problem lately even though I have had it for years it seems as though it is getting worse...

Thanks for any ideas....

I seem to have the same problem. I never get sick and haven't for many years. My immune system is also in overdrive as I have high thyroid antibodies, my brain never switches off unless i take medication, feel like i am on speed 24/7. I have never taken Imunovir and don't know much about it, but i can relate to your symptoms 100%. Hope you find some relief :)

soxfan

I feel the same way! I will never stop searching for a better quality of life....I don't even think I have begun to scratch the surface on medications/supplements for CFS as my doctors have always been in the "lyme" frame of mind.
I have hypothryoid with nodules....

It is mostly my body that doesn't switch off but maybe that is goverened by my mind not being able to switch off. What do you take for meds to help with the overstimulation? I need relief so badly....

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Immunovir is sort of classed as an immune stimulate/immune modulator , where being overstimulated like in insomnia, anxiety or tired but wired is a stimulation occurring in the central nervous system, so its work on a different area all together. If immunovir helps with infections then it could lower inflammatory cytokines that also trigger stimulation in the nervous system.
worth a try, i would if i could get it.

cheers!!!

Seven7

Seven
For what I understand, you need a lymphocyte subtype test and Natural Killer cell. I only heard Imunovir prescribed by my Dr when NK cell is low and T cells.

pine108kell

Soxfan, I know where you are coming from. Although I also have POTS the brain overstimulation/mental fatigue can be torture, often the worst symptom. My body and mind and just wired up even when nothing in particular is making me stressful at that moment. Just won't calm down.

Just curious if you have ever tried hbot (hyperbaric o2) or breathing o2? I know my brain screams for o2 and I think a lot of this is the immune inflammation causing the problem. mhbot can help me temporarily and clears head but often feel as bad or worse several days later. Don't know if this is herx or o2 toxicity, so not been a longterm solution for me.

Wish I had some answers--there are many things I would try if they were affordable and a doctor that knew what they were doing. I know the feeling you express--I also think this is the immune overactivation and I keep wondering why isn't there something to just calm the immune storm inside me.

soxfan

Thank you everyone for your responses....I have a doctor who is pretty knowledgeable in all this stuff so hopefully he can help me. I have only had CD57 and Lymphs done. I don't think I have ever had the NK done unless it is the same thing. I will have to look through my testing to see what exactly I have had since it has been basically 6 years of various testing.
If my doctor will prescribe it then I will definately give it a try.

The mental stimulation is torture at times. I just want to get out of my misery and would probably take just about anything to stop it. Unfortunately all I have is Klonopin which I really don't like to take but at times necessary....

I have never tried hyperbaric..I know my doctor has been trained in how to use the chamber so maybe that is a possibility as well.

So basically I understand that Imunovir stimulates the immune system so that you don't catch illnesses? If that is the case then it probably won't do much for me as I said I never even have a cold...

I really don't want to be taking anything that stimulates my immune system, i need something to slow it down. I also suffer from really bad sensitivity to sound, I swear i can hear someone cough 50m away and it sounds like my head will explode. My brain is defenetly overstimulated, i can't switch off. If i am driving in my car i read ever sign i go past, my mind is taking in 200 times the stimulation it should be, over thinking, analyzing, wish it would just shut down for a few days so i can get some rest. When it gets really bad a take a benzodiazepine just to calm things down a bit but i try avoiding that.

heapsreal

Most studies of cfs patients show nk function is low, the number of nk cells can be normal but just dont function. Immunovir is known to stimulate nk function, this i think would be a good thing for cfs patient. I wouldnt think immunovir would stimulate the nervous system, that is overstimulate someone to sounds or increase heart rate etc. I think people are getting hooked up on the word stimulation and not looking at what its actually stimulating.

cheers!!!

soxfan

I think talking with my doctor would be the best bet...I am sure he knows if Imunovir would be of help to me. I just wanted to have an idea of what people are taking it for so I would know what I was talking about.

I need something to slow my immune system down too...Does anyone know of anything out there that can help when we are having this problem. I tried Kavinace at one point but I don't think it really helped. I would try any kind of natural supplement if there is one out there. My nervous system is a huge MESS.

heapsreal

the first thing i can think of to slow your immune system down would be prednisone, but then this drug will overstimulate you as in increased heart rate, anxiety etc, can also leave you open to infections as it reduce your immune function.
Yes your best bet it to talk it over with your doc. I think wires are getting crossed between immune system and the nervous system being over stimulated.

cheers!!!

TheMoonIsBlue

Soxfan, have you tried l-theanine? 2 caps on empty stomach can help overstimulation. Kavinace had bad effect on me too but it could have been the b6 in it.

Seven7

Seven
Soxfan I am on it, so far I went from 4.5 to 7. I am waiting on test results to see what is doing to my numbers.

ukxmrv

Soxfan, I'm taking Immunovir as an immune modulator. Testing shows that there were areas of over and under activation. Sadly all my tests are in a large box and I can't get to them right now.

The mental overstimulation you mentioned could be cortisol or adrenelaine in your body at night. Do you have a doc that would test for that? The traditional thing CFS people tried at night if they suspected high cortisol is the supplement Seriphos. Magnesium is also used for that over-hyped feeling as a relaxant.

I don't normally get that evening or that overhyped feeling but I've noticed no change from Imunovir to the occassional times that I do.