• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy for Lyme / Autoimmune - C128 LD Nosodes Formula

Shellbell

Hi Wayne,

Just a note on herbs, etc., my homeopath told me that some herbs, supplements, and essential oils, etc. can antidote homeopathic remedies. For instance, I can take homeo sulphuric acid and use lavendar oil at the same time. But with the pulsatilla remedy, I cannot. Ask Chris about his thoughts on this. Btw, I sent you back a PM, but I am not sure your received it. I sent it via my iPad, but sometimes messages don't come through for some reason.

Shellbell

xrunner

Allimed

I had never heard of Allimed. VERY EXPENSIVE! (60 caps go for $75). But if it works, then it would be worth it.

Here's more info from the ALLIMED WEBSITE http://www.allimed.us/:
[/I]

I tried Allimed for three months and it did not work for me.
There was a thread on the UK forum about this product and it does not seem to have cured anybody particularly.
Personally, I believe the company is a fraud in circulating noise that their product is effective against Lyme.
They mentioned some study (that was in 2008 when I looked into the product) that showed results against Lyme but they never published any details. Apparently they can't. If they had got some results, you can bet, they would have published by now.
I also don't believe their product is better than any other good quality garlic supplement, particulalrly freeze dried garlic which I also tried.

Anybody looking for natural remedies against Lyme, which are backed by some research, should look at Buhner's book Healing Lyme. It's a bit out of date but it's got some good advice (and by the way garlic is not part of the treatment protocol).
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/

Jenny

I took high doses of Allicinmax for about 4 months last year which I think is similar (made by same company). No improvement.

Jenny

Wayne

Buhner's Lyme Philosophy

I tried Allimed for three months and it did not work for me. ......... I also don't believe their product is better than any other good quality garlic supplement, particularly freeze dried garlic which I also tried. ......... Anybody looking for natural remedies against Lyme, which are backed by some research, should look at Buhner's book Healing Lyme. It's a bit out of date but it's got some good advice (and by the way garlic is not part of the treatment protocol). http://buhnerhealinglyme.com/

Hi Xrunner,

Thanks much for your thoughts and link to Buhner's website. I thought I would post his 5-point program for addressing Lyme infections:

LYME PHILOSOPHY

Rather than making it a priority to kill the lyme spirochetes in any form, Stephen's approach to managing lyme disease is as follows:

1. Support collagen structures so that damage to the body systems ceases;
2. Enhance immune function so that the body can deal with the organism itself;
3. Shut down the inflammatory pathways the spirochetes initiate, especially in the CNS;
4. Treat symptoms;
5. And only then, try and kill the spirochete.

I watched an interview with Buhner in which he emphasizes the importance of using "whole" products as opposed to using only its "active" ingredients. Which falls in line with my current idea: Try Kyolic (whole aged garlic) in ever increasing amounts to see whether it might be good for my system at this time. It's relatively inexpensive, and should give me some insight as to whether I might want to increase any dosage significantly to approach that of a "concentrated" product like Allimed (which I think is way to expensive; always a bit of a red flag for me).

Wayne

Dreambirdie

work in progress
LYME PHILOSOPHY

Rather than making it a priority to kill the lyme spirochetes in any form, Stephen's approach to managing lyme disease is as follows:

1. Support collagen structures so that damage to the body systems ceases;
2. Enhance immune function so that the body can deal with the organism itself;
3. Shut down the inflammatory pathways the spirochetes initiate, especially in the CNS;
4. Treat symptoms;
5. And only then, try and kill the spirochete.

This makes so much sense to me. Whenever I've gone after killing pathogens directly, without first building up my system, I've ended up crashed.

What foods/herbs does he recommend for supporting collagen? anybody know?

Wayne

Returning to Rife - Lymephotos.com

For about the past three weeks, I've been taking low doses of two of the Lyme remedies I had taken earlier on a daily basis. Every two days, I would take one, and then wait two days to take another. Chris felt this "maintenance" would be supportive of the regimen I'd followed for the previous several weeks.

I talked with Chris this past week, and described how I seem to have plateaued (or arrived at a standstill) at this time. Most noticeable for me since starting this is that I'm able to relax better, and am sleeping better. I've been able to tolerate FIR saunas better, and my headaches are somewhat better. Other than that, I can't say I'm more functional than before I started with the homeopathic remedies.

Chris recommend I now totally quit taking the remedies, as they can continue be be supportive for days, weeks, and sometimes months after quitting them entirely. So I discontinued them entirely this past week. I'm now focusing more on the microscopic parasites (starting to take some anti-parasitic herbs) that apparently can accompany Lyme (see this website for some interesting photos and perspectives).

I'm also going to resume some of the Rife sessions that I discontinued once I started on the homeopathic remedies. I didn't do them simultaneously with the homeopathy as I wanted to try to determine what was working (or not working), and what wasn't.

One thought I've had is that I may have addressed my Lyme situation quite well with the homeopathy, but am now faced with some of the other layers of my health situation. I feel resuming the Rife sessions might give me more insight on this.

Best, Wayne

Shellbell

Hi Wayne, one thing my homeopath is really big on is working on the body's constitution/vital force. What she does is treat me for a specific issue, then she places me on my constitutional remedy for awhile to build my vital force which works on boosting my immune system. Then she treats for something else with a different remedy, then back on the constitutional remedy again. The constitutional building part is really important. The other remedies remove what may be blocking the ability to get well or at least on how I understand it. I am still learning how this all works. It takes a very knowledgable practitioner to get it right, to know how to work with the potencies, as well as how it should be administered. There are lot's of tricks to homeopathy for it to work right. Even though I am not completely well (yet), I am better than I was before. She said with the complexity of this illness, it can take a year or two or more to feel really well again. I would say overall, I am about 40 - 80% better, depending on the day. I know that is a wide percentage, but I will take it. Anyway, just a thought!

Shellbell

Dufresne

almost there...
Hi Wayne, hope you're doing okay these days. I thought I'd check in and give you my report on the C128 nosode. Well it definitely targets the bug. I experienced considerable swelling in several joints, areas that had been inflamed on and off in the past, though never simultaneously and not to this extent. This convinces me my positive Igenex labs are accurate. Though I still can't say if borrelia is the cause of my energy problems.

I was surprised and somewhat disappointed to have had absolutely no neuro herx symptoms from taking this remedy. One thing I'm pretty sure of is my energy problems stem from oxidative stress of the nervous system. This got me thinking about what form of the bacteria this nosode is able to help the immune system target. I've read that spirochetes are the form that burrow into joint tissue, so this suggests to me it targets these fairly well. Having a cell wall, it's these guys our immune systems can usually recognize. I'm less sure about cell wall deficient forms, the ones our immune systems should theoretically have a tougher time with. Can a nosode work on these? and does one exist? I believe it's this form that's most likely to lead to an illness like ME/CFS. I tried doxycycline (which inhibits both forms) a few years ago and had an intense herx with neuro symptoms. I don't know if the die-off was Lyme, but if it was this might indicate that additional means may be necessary to combat the spectrum/specter of Lyme disease.

Back to C128. The problem I had with the remedy was it increase my overall energy for a couple weeks and then slowly faded. Unfortunately when I discontinued it I was spent and had all the symptoms I associate with weakened adrenal medullas. I should add here that for sometime now I've been accumulating anecdotal evidence to support a pet theory that norepinephrine (from the adrenal medullas) works against the immune activity that leads to my neuro, and overall, fatigue. I experienced the same effects from a remedy I took to boost adrenal output.

Thank you Ramakentesh for posting the following earlier in this thread. I wouldn't have considered the above connection to my theory if you hadn't.

Some of those plants have powerful cardiovascular and norepinephrine modifying effects. Ive read about the use of atleast two in POTS - one to modify norepinephrine activity and one to boost EPO production to increase blood volume.

THis may not be relavant but i thought id let you know.

So it's my opinion something else is likely needed to fight Lyme on all fronts. The proper antibiotics would be one tool, and improving immunity would be another. I've read that Dr Klinghardt has mostly replaced his use of antibiotics in this disease with GcMAF. I received my 1,25 vitamin D labs back the other day and I have the predicted imbalance that Trevor Marshall says happens with infection by cell wall deficient bacteria. The problem here is that the immune system is not being activated sufficiently. His recommendations of vitamin D avoidance, Benicar, and antibiotics might be one way around this problem, but I think GcMAF would be another, potentially better, one.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, one thing my homeopath is really big on is working on the body's constitution/vital force. What she does is treat me for a specific issue, then she places me on my constitutional remedy for awhile to build my vital force which works on boosting my immune system. Then she treats for something else with a different remedy, then back on the constitutional remedy again. The constitutional building part is really important. The other remedies remove what may be blocking the ability to get well or at least on how I understand it. I am still learning how this all works. It takes a very knowledgable practitioner to get it right, to know how to work with the potencies, as well as how it should be administered. There are lot's of tricks to homeopathy for it to work right. Even though I am not completely well (yet), I am better than I was before. She said with the complexity of this illness, it can take a year or two or more to feel really well again. I would say overall, I am about 40 - 80% better, depending on the day. I know that is a wide percentage, but I will take it. Anyway, just a thought!

Shellbell

Hi Shellbell, Hi All,

It's been about two months since I took my last Lyme specific remedies. Since then, I've been looking forward to my next step of finding a suitable constitutional remedy. I finished filling out a lengthy questionnaire on Sunday morning, Chris reviewed it right away, and I'll be picking up my new constitutional remedy today. It's called alumina, and thought I'd paste some of the descriptions of what it's supposed to be able to address. Much of it sounds typical of a lot of pwCFS/ME. I'm hoping to to have good news to report on this in the coming days. :)

Wayne
...................................................................................

Link to the full page on Alumina (Below is just part of it)
Fatigue
The homeopathic remedy alumina is extremely useful for treating all types of fatigue. In fact, homeopaths everywhere recommend this medicine for people who encounter issues associated with an extreme form of exhaustion. The exhaustion endured by such people is so acute that it often results in debility. As a homeopathic remedy,alumina works excellently with the body and facilitates in recuperating from fatigue and, at the same time help with any sort of low energy levels which an individual may endure owing to exhaustion.
Dementia
In homeopathy, alumina is the most appropriate remedy for treating dementia. People suffering from dementia endure a mental process that starts declining and eventually make the person turn sluggish and absent minded or having a poor memory. By nature, such types of people become very slow in every aspect of their life. In such instances, alumina is the best medicine that homeopathy has to offer to cure dementia and associated problems or symptoms. In addition, alumina is effective in preventing any further complaints, or at the minimum, regulates the problems that an individual may be suffering from currently in the case involving dementia.
Nervous disorders
Alumina is effective in curing certain types of nervous disorders. While there are several kinds of nervous problems, a number of the symptoms of this condition are somewhat common in nature. People suffering from this type of specific nervous disorder either endure lack of sensation or have a sensation that is called ‘pins and needles’, which involves some parts of the body or the whole body. People who suffer from this type of mental disorder may also endure sluggish and feeble mobility that are often nearly uncontrollable. In addition, such people may also have droopy eyelids which may occur over a period of time owing to the nervous disorder or due to squinting or narrowing one’s eyes. Apart from the issues discussed above, the homeopathic medicine alumina also has the potential to work in facilitating to get rid of various symptoms of nervous disorder from the body or aid in dealing with nervous disorder completely.
Constipation
In homeopathy, alumina is a very useful remedy for healing constipation. People suffering from constipation experience difficulty in passing stools, which have become slothful and also very small. Using the homeopathic medicine alumina has the potential to provide relief in this case. Alumina not only helps the bowel to work normally, but also speeds up bowel movement and passage of stool to a certain extent.
Appetite disorders
In homeopathy, alumina is an effective remedy for treating appetite disorders. People suffering from appetite disorders have a craving for dry food, including objects that are not meant for eating. In addition, the patients may have a dry throat for consuming inedible objects. Often this problem may turn out to be quite serious and any one displaying such symptoms should immediately seek medical help. Alumina has proved to be a useful medication in curing this kind of problem.
COMMENTS

From Elizabeth - Mar-24-2011
Having CFS/ME (chronic fatigue syndrome), I can vouch for alumina as an excellent remedy for the condition. It does match many of the symptoms of the condition as officially described by the NHS. Although, there are many theories as to what CFS/ME is, is caused by. My hunch has always been that its primarily to do with the nervous system, long before I even heard of homeopathy. I would speculate that it may be an autoimmune condition that attacks the nervous system. I do feel this is a very slow acting remedy mirroring the slowness and apprehension of the individual requiring it. However, as CFS/ME patient I have achieved a lot career wise and have put this down to been slow but sure.
I will say though that homeopaths would do well to look at a patients greatest weakness as also their greatest strength (i.e., where does the cure lead). We alumina patients, when we are not continually skeptical can also benefit greatly from simple old fashioned encouragement and support. But unfortunately a lot of modern homeopaths are over psychologising, which is really just judging. I have seen three homeopaths before the forth one who prescribed alumina a couple months ago. These over psychologising homeopaths needed remedies themselves and they were infuriated that I told them so. I bet they are glad (by now) they met me though. Keep homeopathy classical.

Wayne

Back to C128. The problem I had with the remedy was it increase my overall energy for a couple weeks and then slowly faded. Unfortunately when I discontinued it I was spent and had all the symptoms I associate with weakened adrenal medullas. I should add here that for sometime now I've been accumulating anecdotal evidence to support a pet theory that norepinephrine (from the adrenal medullas) works against the immune activity that leads to my neuro, and overall, fatigue. I experienced the same effects from a remedy I took to boost adrenal output.

Hi Dufresne,

Thanks much for your post. Thought I'd mention that a good friend of mine with CFS just got tested for some genetic polymorphisms, and discovered her body is unable to efficiently break down cortisol. Which means if she gets stressed, which most of us here seem to have happen quite easily, she not able to reduce cortisol levels when the stress has been relieved. I don't know if this would be connected to what you mentioned above, but she's going to start avoiding foods (and teas like green tea) which inhibit the body from breaking down cortisol the way it should.

Best, Wayne

Wayne

It's been about two months since I took my last Lyme specific remedies. Since then, I've been looking forward to my next step of finding a suitable constitutional remedy. I finished filling out a lengthy questionnaire on Sunday morning, Chris reviewed it right away, and I'll be picking up my new constitutional remedy today. It's called alumina, and thought I'd paste some of the descriptions of what it's supposed to be able to address. Much of it sounds typical of a lot of pwCFS/ME. I'm hoping to to have good news to report on this in the coming days. :)

I took my first doses of alumina yesterday evening, and have had some interesting results. I’ve had some pretty distressing days/weeks recently, especially with vertigo, often feeling like a 500 pound weight is swinging around my neck. But within an hour of taking the remedies (two doses of five pellets each, back to back), I felt well enough to fairly comfortably do some vacuuming for a few minutes.

I woke up this morning around 4:00 and felt OK, but then began to experience some more distressing than normal neurological symptoms. I reflexively started to do some of my routine “balancing” techniques, such as EFT-type tapping, polarity exercises, balancing of the cortices, etc. Though these techniques normally settle things down for me relatively quickly, I discovered they were instead seeming to exacerbate my symptoms. So I quit doing them, and just tried to settle in the best I could. After about an hour, I was able to get back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Upon awakening, I was still feeling like my nervous system was “under siege”, and wasn’t sure what the day would bring. What’s happened is that I seem to be alternating between my neurological system feeling more distressed than normal, to feeling more relaxed than normal. It seems to have now settled into the more relaxed state. I was able to work on some projects in the kitchen for the past half hour or so without experiencing the overwhelming vertigo that’s been so prominent for the past few weeks.

This initial response seems to be in line with what Chris had in mind; hoping for a homeopathic “aggravation”, which would indicate that it’s probably working as intended. I might just mention that my ND was so intrigued by my working relationship with Chris, that he called him and discussed some of his orientations and how he’s been able to get such good results for himself and others he’s been working with. My ND, who strikes me as sort of a walking encyclopedia, mentioned that he was impressed with his knowledge and approach, and seems to be looking toward incorporating some of them into his own practice and treatment of Lyme patients.

Wayne

Shellbell

Hi Wayne,

Keep us updated about the trial with the alumina. I will talk with my homeopath about this. I have stopped taking the pulsatilla for the time being. We both feel that I will need to change remedies. She is just trying to figure out what remedy to give next. She is talking about nosode therapy for digestive issues. I found out that I have a history of TB in the family which would lead to treating a miasm. Miasms can block the ability of the constitutional remedy from taking full effect of doing it's job.

To date, I have regained more health and am more active than I have been in 5 years. I still have some bad episodes here and there, but I find I am coping better with this illness. I credit that to both homeopathy and the pranic healing sessions and training that I have been receiving for the last few months. (They compliment each other.) I actually am regaining a life with family and friends. I can go do more and even have days where I can be on the go without having to stop to rest. Of course, I am still monitoring myself as my homeopath said it will take some time to regain a full life again. She wants to make sure I don't overdo and cause a crash until my body is stronger. But overall I am pleased with progress so far and am looking forward to more gains in my future.

Take care Wayne and talk with you soon.

Shellbell

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
...I found out that I have a history of TB in the family which would lead to treating a miasm. Miasms can block the ability of the constitutional remedy from taking full effect of doing it's job....
Shellbell

Hi,

I have taken the TB miasm as I also had TB in the family. As I remember my reaction was "strong," and took some coping with. Let us know how you do!

Best
Sushi

Shellbell

Thanks Sushi letting me know. My homeopath knows that I am sensitive to treatment and hopefully will take this into consideration when applying the remedy. Did you feel that it helped? The pulsatilla remedy helped me a great deal until I was exposed to major paint fumes back at Christmas. Since then, the remedy has helped me recover from it mostly along with other remedies along the way, but lately it has just stopped working. Have you ever taken your constitutional remedy and did it help you?

Thanks,
Shellbell

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I took the TB a very long time ago and don't remember much about whether it eventually helped.

I also have not noticed help taking my constitutional remedy. :(

I have also taken pulsatilla, but I didn't notice any effects.

Hop you do well!

Sushi

Shellbell

Thanks Sushi. This is the hard part about homeopathy. There are so many factors as to why a remedy may or may not work. Finding the one just right for each person is the hardest part. Luckily for my daughter, our homeopath got her remedy right after the first try. It worked really well for her. So I plug along trying to find my way since it has already given me some relief.

Hope you are feeling better these days. I haven't been keeping up here as much lately.

Take care,
Shelly

Wayne

Wayne did you ever try Deseret? I think I am going to do that soon.

Hi Jenbooks,

Thanks for mentioning Deseret. I'll definitely be asking Chris about this. I found the following by Bryan Rosner (whose knowledge I have a lot of respect for). For those who aren't interested in reading all of the following, this short paragraph at the end sums up things quite well:
There are definitely other Lyme Disease homeopathic remedies which are worth investigating and sampling. At this point, though, I'm confident in recommending the Deseret remedy as the most reliable and proven option. Additionally, the remedy is affordable and non-toxic.
The following is found at this link:

Deseret Biologicals Homeopathic Series Remedy

This is the treatment I am most excited to tell you about. Homeopathy is an interesting and somewhat counterintuitive method of healing. Homeopathic treatment is accomplished by giving a patient with symptoms of a specific disease extremely small doses of a substance that produces the same symptoms in healthy people. In other words, theoretically, someone experiencing an illness that involves nausea would benefit from taking a homeopathic remedy which would also cause nausea in a healthy person. The homeopathic school of thought dictates that symptoms of a disease are actually the body's way of fighting that disease. By intentionally increasing symptoms with remedies that cause analogous symptoms, it is believed that the body will actually mount a more effective immunological response to the offending problem. Homeopathy causes the body to perceive the problem as being larger then it is, and this causes an amplified response.

Homeopathy is especially interesting in the treatment of Lyme Disease due to the fact that the presence of Lyme Disease bacteria―and associated neurotoxins―is immunosuppressive. Since homeopathy stimulates the body's response to the disease, it is basically able to "jump start" the immune system to engage in the fight against the infection. In other words, if there were ever a good disease on which to use homeopathy, Lyme Disease would be it.

But the benefits of homeopathy go even further. Most typical immune-stimulating supplements are simply intended to blindly increase the activity of multiple generic immune system functions. For example, some supplements cause an increase in white blood cells, other supplements cause an increase in phagocytosis (the rate at which the immune system destroys bacteria), while other supplements increase the count of natural killer cells. Homeopathy, on the other hand, gets right to the root of the issue not by generically boosting the whole immune system, but instead, by specifically targeting immune functions that relate exactly to the disease at hand.

Read about Treating Homeopathy with Lyme Disease in theabove book.
The way this works in a practical situation is as follows. Let's say someone with Lyme Disease takes a homeopathic remedy intended for the treatment of Lyme Disease. This remedy will cause the immune system to believe that there are many more Lyme Disease bacteria in the body than there actually are. The homeopathic remedy will essentially "magnify" the bacterial infection. While the bacterial infection does not actually grow larger, the body will perceive it as larger, and, as a result, the body will increase immunological activities that directly fight the Lyme Disease infection. The most important component of these immunological activities is the production of antibodies, which are special immune system cells produced with the purpose of hunting down and killing one specific type of pathogen. In this case, a Lyme Disease homeopathic remedy will induce the body to produce Lyme-specific antibodies. This is a much greater benefit than achieved by other immune-stimulating supplements because the benefit is targeted and specific. Homeopathy is to most other immune supplements as a sniper rifle is to a shotgun approach.

You may, at this point, be convinced that you want to try a homeopathic Lyme Disease remedy. The next challenge, though, is to select an appropriate remedy. There are actually dozens of Lyme-specific homeopathic remedies on the market. I have first-hand information that suggests that many of these remedies are quite useless. Selecting an effective and appropriate homeopathic remedy is actually quite a tall task.

Over the past two years, during my research of homeopathic remedies, I have consistently heard very positive things about Deseret Biologicals' homeopathic Lyme Disease remedy. In fact, many people have told me that they are currently in remission as a result of the Deseret remedy. Before I published this article, I wanted to be sure of these results. So, I held off in publishing this for about 8 months, during which time I continued to seek patient testimonials. Sure enough, the testimonials kept rolling in, so I decided to make this information available to you.

There are definitely other Lyme Disease homeopathic remedies which are worth investigating and sampling. At this point, though, I'm confident in recommending the Deseret remedy as the most reliable and proven option. Additionally, the remedy is affordable and non-toxic.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Keep us updated about the trial with the alumina. ... I found out that I have a history of TB in the family which would lead to treating a miasm. Miasms can block the ability of the constitutional remedy from taking full effect of doing it's job.

To date, I have regained more health and am more active than I have been in 5 years. I still have some bad episodes here and there, but I find I am coping better with this illness. I credit that to both homeopathy and the pranic healing sessions and training that I have been receiving for the last few months. (They compliment each other.) I actually am regaining a life with family and friends. I can go do more and even have days where I can be on the go without having to stop to rest. Of course, I am still monitoring myself as my homeopath said it will take some time to regain a full life again. She wants to make sure I don't overdo and cause a crash until my body is stronger. But overall I am pleased with progress so far and am looking forward to more gains in my future.

Wow Shellbell, your improvements sound REALLY impressive to me. Congratulations! Regarding your mention of miasms, I wonder if there might be any parallels to "trapped emotions" that my partner has been reading about in the book, "Emotion Code". Apparently, not only can we have personal trapped emotions, but "family" ones as well, that can go back for generations. Treating these (with magnets) apparently can remove many blocks to healing in our lives. Alea, who is a counselor and has long used EFT for herself and in her practice, is quite enthused about the potential of Emotion Code therapy. She's gotten such good benefits for herself, that she is now planning to get certified to use it in her practice.

Thanks for your note Shellbell. I'll try to get back with a report on my alumina experience shortly.

Wayne