• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doctors Data Methylation Profile Test

roxie60

I would like members opinion if you have taken the Doctor's Data Methylation Profile test. I listened to a msg left by my Drs nurse and thought my Dr was finally approving the Methylations Pathwasy Panal test for me but after listeing a few times I think instead she is recoing this Doctors Data test. I tired to look at sample test on the HealthE Goods website but that page displays empty. Anyone used this test? How does it compare to the Methylation Pathways panel? It currently costs $140 and is a fasting blood test. Any feedback on this test and lab would be deeply appreciated. Finally moving forward and may not have to wait weeks but would like others to wiegh in (Richv? Fredd?, others?). TIA

roxie60

Just got off the phone w/ HealthE Goods. This is what their Methylation Profile test reports (soory if someone has posted this info already, did a sarch could not find).

Methionine
Cysteine
S-adnosylmethionine
S-adenosylhomocycstieine
Homocysteine
Cysthathionine
SAM:SAH

I think I saw someone post their results fom Methylation PAthways Panel (needto find that thread) but if memory serves (and sometmes it doesnt) they report on alot more info. It seems ther are a lot of labs, r Drs just creating their own labs, then create tests they want? is that that why there r so many tests w/ varius reporting?

roxie60

Nanonug, which test do you think provides more useful/actionable info? I know Richv likes the Methylation Pathways test but I see where the Drs Data MEthylation test reports on a few things the Health Diagnosiitcs does not (like Homocysteine (not sure this ons is import since I am MTHFR A1298C so homocysteine is most likely going to be low (has been on past tests). The Heath Diagnositcs is $295 (for some reason I thot it was $189, obviosly looking at toooo many tests).

nanonug

which test do you think provides more useful/actionable info?

The Heath Diagnostics Methylation Pathways test gives info about active forms of folate that Doctor's Data test does not. For this reason, and given your desire to cover a longer time period, I think the Heath Diagnostics one would be more useful to you.

roxie60

Methylations pathways ordered 5/17/12. Hope to get blood draw early next week. Hoping for results in two weeks or less. When I hav my next $300 I'm going to buy 23andme test.