• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Medscape has placed new XMRV/CFS video in "Infectious Diseases" category

K

_Kim_

XMRV: The Missing Link in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? video by Paul G. Auwaerter, MD, MBA from Baltimore MD

You'll need to register (free) for Medscape to view the video.

ETA: hmmm, looks like all CFS-related articles are in their "infectious diseases" category. Below is a general CFS article from October 19, 2009.

eMedicine Specialties > Infectious Diseases > Special Topics > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Burke A Cunha, MD

While the cause of CFS is unknown, it is probably an infectious disease with immunological manifestations.

C

cold_taste_of_tears

Well said Mark.

'''Happy Christmas darling - you have a deadly infectious retrovirus''.

''Best Christmas present I ever had love''.

''I knew you'd like it''.

A terrible terrible happy ending......
:(

caledonia

When I first got sick and was looking for a diagnosis, I went to an infectious disease who after taking a case history, exam and so forth, proclaimed that I was "free from any infectious disease". I wonder what she would think of that, and what she would say if I went back to her now?

Ruth

Dr. Cunha states: "CFS has been excluded as a cause of EBV, although EBV infection may lead to a state of chronic fatigue...." Does this make sense to anyone? And there are a number of statements, particularly in the history of the disease section, that I would disagree with. Anyone else?

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
I always knew...

Well said Mark.

'''Happy Christmas darling - you have a deadly infectious retrovirus''.

''Best Christmas present I ever had love''.

''I knew you'd like it''.

A terrible terrible happy ending......
:(

I always knew this...in my gut LOL
It truly is a terrible happy ending.

"oh yes we need a little virus, right this very minute, need a little virus now..."

JJ
a newbie

Hysterical Woman

Just Jack & Cold Taste....

I always knew this...in my gut LOL
It truly is a terrible happy ending.

"oh yes we need a little virus, right this very minute, need a little virus now..."

JJ
a newbie

Love your black sense of humor! Gotta laugh when and where you can:)

Thanks!

Maxine