• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Painful Swollen Glands

Carrigon

Tonight's torture seems to be painful swollen glands in my neck. It's worse today than it was yesterday. And I mean painful, like touch it under my throat and I'll scream. I have no real clue what to do about it, but the more I do, the worse I get. So I'm just laying here miserable. My throat itself doesn't hurt and the tonsil stones cleared up, all except for one. It's just the glands hurt badly. I don't even think I have much of a fever, if at all. Even my sinuses finally cleared up.

Anyone else get the painful, swollen glands?

Googsta

Doing Well
Sorry Carrigon, it is one of the worst symptoms I have had. I also get it under my arms & crutch too occasionally. It makes you feel truly miserable.
Are they hot too? You may try some ice packs if you can stand the weight of them.
Anti-inflammatories or cough syrup come to mind but I am not sure if they are the best treatments for swollen painful glands.
((HUGS))

Carrigon

I wouldn't say hot, but very swollen, very painful. I wish it would just go away. I don't think I'm sleeping well, and I've been under alot of stress lately. I think it's all just making it worse.

mellster

Marco
Sorry. The only thing that helped me was icing the area. But I noticed that when the gland(s) started hurting my energy got much better and it seemed to indicate an active immune system (trapping pathogens) which is why you might experience other symptoms clearing up. They are only very mildly swollen today but it took almost a year for the whole process. Hope it gets better soon.

lansbergen

Tonight's torture seems to be painful swollen glands in my neck. It's worse today than it was yesterday. And I mean painful, like touch it under my throat and I'll scream. .

Like mellstar said.indication of active immune system. I know from my recovery proces it was beneficial for improvement but it should not become too much. I put Benzydamine creme on it for the pain.

taniaaust1

That's a symptom I only got in the first few years of the illness. I hope you manage to work out what is causing it so have a better idea on what to do about it.. . reactiving virus maybe?

Carrigon

Still hurts like hell. I don't know. This disease likes to attack different body parts, and then it moves on to another one. This is particularly bad, the whole thing is just swollen and hurts bad. All I can really do is wait it out.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
you on av's for ebv? i found the couple of times i came off av's the painful lymph glands in the neck were one of the first symptoms to return. EBV/CMV could be reactivating??

hurtingallthetimet

i have swollen glands all the time sometimes worse than others..my throat always sore...glands swollen in neck and underarms one underarm always more swollen than other...and sore...

doctor will give me anitbiotics when very swollen and more painful and it seems to help...

Sparrow

I have this low-grade all the time, but much worse sometimes when I've overdone it or when I'm starting up a new supplement or something. Not quite as bad as you're experiencing, though, I don't think.

I haven't yet found anything to help them for me except lots and lots of pure rest and recovery. Much sympathy coming your way, though.

Carrigon

I don't take antivirals. I am HHV6 and EBV positive. It can be anything really.

And I still have it. I can touch it, though and not scream now. But the glands are still swollen.