• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breakspear doctor doing chelation therapy - GMC finds misconduct

taniaaust1

What astounds me is this doctor got into trouble when he actually HELPED this CFS patient. Check out the following part.

A part from that link
Mr Donne also submitted that patient HB was placed at risk of harm in a variety of ways, including,

-side affects of unnecessary and/or inappropriate tests and treatment
- loss of or delay in other diagnostic opportunities
- the raising of hope that could not, on the evidence, be fulfilled by the treatment provided. Although he accepted that HB experienced an amelioration of his symptoms following treatment, [this was] no doubt due to placebo (sic).

It's ridiculous this doctor helped this patient by his treatment (chelation) .. and then gets in trouble for it and they go and say cause it did help the patient.. that it must of worked as a placebo!!

While all the while saying it was wrong of the doctor and putting the patient at risk of harm by giving this patient hope. (they never consider what harm it does to patients to not be offering them treatments and leaving them with no hope).

How can they say that something which really helped the patient.. wasnt in his best interests??.

I guess the following says it all (the patient turned against his "orthodox" doctors due to this other doctor getting him to do a DMSA challenge test then actually helping him).

Mr Donne further submitted that damage was undoubtedly caused to the standing of the profession by the conflict that arose between HB and his "orthodox" medical advisors, Drs A, B and C, as well as by the undermining of trust in conventional medical techniques

HB was happy with your treatment and did not support the procedings brought against you. He did not agree that the treatment was not in his best interests

Seems like situation in england is getting worst not better, with CFS patients experiences of treatments meaning nothing (cause everything except GET and CBT, must be placebo).

brenda

I have a first appointment with the doctor involved, Jean Monroe at Breakspear next month and have a recent hair mineral analysis (the doctor uses this test) done by Dog Person which shows my already very high lead levels have doubled in the past two years. I was wondering whether she would advise chelation but it does not look likely now. More clamping down on the few doctors who help us in the UK.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
Another sad chapter in the history of regulation of medical practice in the UK.

Wasn't there a move to abolish the GMC in the UK on the grounds that it acts as both prosecutor and judge? What has happened to that?

Rich

Good question Rich! The sooner the GMC are abolished the better. They are a positive danger to patient welfare.

taniaaust1

I have a first appointment with the doctor involved, Jean Monroe at Breakspear next month and have a recent hair mineral analysis (the doctor uses this test) done by Dog Person which shows my already very high lead levels have doubled in the past two years. I was wondering whether she would advise chelation but it does not look likely now. More clamping down on the few doctors who help us in the UK.

the doctor could now be completely disbarred, as not allowed now to advise on chelation at all. It was part of the conditions of being allowed to stay in practice.