• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Menopause causing digestive issues?

I have B12 deficiency. I was sick 2003 to 2006. Recieved cyano shots. My first symptom was stomach full feeling, and it progressed to very bad GERD/burning/weight loss. I had many other symptoms eventually.

I did get better slowly with B12 supplements. 2009 I switched to Methyl B12 and improved faster.

I never received a diganosis to why I was deficient.

Jump to 2012 Feb. Here I am again with severe stomach issues, vitamin deficiency/weakness.

No diagnosis again.

I am chalking it up to too many antibiotics/stress, bad diet, too much sugar.

This is something I found that I didnt think of or ever heard about. What do you think. Could this be you too? I am 53, and have one ovary after hystro.

Have app with obgyn tomorrow to talk about yeast/hormones/candida.

http://www.puristat.com/menopause/digestion.aspx

Shellbell

Hi Cyndyd,

Sorry about your digestive issues. I do believe from my own personal experience that your hysterectomy and menopause can definitely cause digestive problems combined with antibiotics and diet.

Are you on any hormone therapy? Just having an imbalance in hormones can cause the problems you are experiencing. Even though you have one ovary, they are known to fail after a couple of years from surgery.

I am on bioidentical hormones, which were a lifesaver for me after my surgery. I still had some digestive issues. However, too many antibiotics after my surgery for the following two years took me down hard and ruined by digestive tract. Now I am working hard to correct the dysfunction and damage. My regular docs haven't helped in anyway. Working with alternative practitioners have given me the best success.

Good luck in finding answers.

Shellbell