• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GH Deficiency and Correct Testing

xks201

I request that any of you who are in the position of doing so request your physician perform a growth hormone stimulation test. Even my endocrinologist says that this is the only way to properly diagnose GH deficiency. Relying on IGF-1 as a marker for GH deficiency has proven faulty in several studies which I will reference if need be.

Please ask for an insulin tolerance test (0 deaths out of thousands have been reported during this test). Basically they attempt to stimulate GH secretion with insulin. They make you go hypoglycemic then draw your blood to test for serum GH. Some other GH stimulation tests use arginine or glucagon and growth hormone releasing protein, but you virtually have to be braindead to not show some response to these.

GH repairs the nervous system. IT regenerates neurotransmitters overnight. IGF-1 IS NOT A GOOD MARKER FOR GH PRODUCTION.

I will be having mine tested within 2 weeks via an insulin tolerance test/GH stim test with insulin. Please guys do this. GH deficiency symptoms are very similar to CFS symptoms. GH must maintain an active role in mitochondrial regeneration. It is no surprise that we all have nervous system problems and comorbid depression.

I was on pharmaceutical grade GH through a pharmacy that did not offer insurance coverage for one month and had complete remission of my CFS I have been afflicted with.

Mold and toxin exposure can inhibit and destroy proper GH functioning. Low gaba and choppy sleep can inhibit GH secretion during the night. I use gabapentin to sleep properly (200-300mg a night) doctor rxed. Unfortunately my GH is still low as shown on some preliminary tests. I beg you all to properly test your GH output via the stimulation test.

For those of you that did not respond to GH, consider low total or free active sex hormones.

m1she11e

Is this test covered by most insurance companies in the United States and if you are low in GH? If a test like this comes back that you are indeed low, is GH usually covered by insurance? I understand that all insurance is different but there are many valuable tests that main stream insurance does not accept and cover. I have always been interested in GH but figured it was something that would never be affordable for me.

Also, you mention you went into remission. Can you elaborate on your symptoms and how long you were ill? Did you have any of the Herpes virus' or other co-infections we seem to be full of?

Thank you for any information you can provide on this!

Michelle

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
I request that any of you who are in the position of doing so request your physician perform a growth hormone stimulation test. Even my endocrinologist says that this is the only way to properly diagnose GH deficiency. Relying on IGF-1 as a marker for GH deficiency has proven faulty in several studies which I will reference if need be.

Please ask for an insulin tolerance test (0 deaths out of thousands have been reported during this test). Basically they attempt to stimulate GH secretion with insulin. They make you go hypoglycemic then draw your blood to test for serum GH. Some other GH stimulation tests use arginine or glucagon and growth hormone releasing protein, but you virtually have to be braindead to not show some response to these.

GH repairs the nervous system. IT regenerates neurotransmitters overnight. IGF-1 IS NOT A GOOD MARKER FOR GH PRODUCTION.

I will be having mine tested within 2 weeks via an insulin tolerance test/GH stim test with insulin. Please guys do this. GH deficiency symptoms are very similar to CFS symptoms. GH must maintain an active role in mitochondrial regeneration. It is no surprise that we all have nervous system problems and comorbid depression.

I was on pharmaceutical grade GH through a pharmacy that did not offer insurance coverage for one month and had complete remission of my CFS I have been afflicted with.

Mold and toxin exposure can inhibit and destroy proper GH functioning. Low gaba and choppy sleep can inhibit GH secretion during the night. I use gabapentin to sleep properly (200-300mg a night) doctor rxed. Unfortunately my GH is still low as shown on some preliminary tests. I beg you all to properly test your GH output via the stimulation test.

For those of you that did not respond to GH, consider low total or free active sex hormones.

@xks201, What was your experience with the ITT? I'd very much appreciate any advice.