• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

do i have cfs or mold toxicity.....advise

Not sure which way to pursue my treatment. I have had Mold exposure, but have moved to Mold free environment. I do have high epsteins barr and herpes 6. Extreme fatigue, shakes, insomnia, extra. But I do not have sore throat, swollen glands or sore joints. Any advise would be welcome. I have been house bound for 6 months now.

*GG*

Have you heard of/or considered Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)? Is any environment mold free? Not really sure myself.

GG

PS Are you alone to treat yourself, or do you have a helpful or good Dr?

I have a gp that doesn't understand cfs. Also talked rover dantini that put in on valtrex. Only Dr I know for Mold is Dr schoemaker in Maryland. Totally different protocal.

maddietod

I've had CFS for 25 years, and I've never had swollen glands, fevers, etc. There are lots of sub-types.

What were your results on Dr. Schoemaker's vision test?

Are you housebound because you don't drive? Meaning, are you well enough to see doctors if somebody takes you? Because I think this is a very hard call to make on your own, and your time might be best spent searching for an enlightened doctor.

Good luck!

Madie

I did take the vision test on shoemaker's site. The 1st time I passed, then a few months later, I failed. I am slowly doing some of his suggested labs and maybe I will make the trip to Maryland. I heard he is not the most sympathic Dr. I was hoping I could find a Dr that uses his protocol. They don't rec
ommend drs. Where are you from?

*GG*

is LDN good for mold?

Not sure myself, but it has many uses! It's lost patent protection, so no big studies are likely to be done, but if you can get the drug, probably worth a trial, doesn't usually work overnight, and only has a few side effects.

GG