• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Facebook awareness raising resource - ME Awareness: Words and Pictures - images for sharing

Nielk

An FB page has been set up with pictures to be used on B as cover pictures or just to share. They all are designed to fit perfectly the new timeline cover picture and they raise awareness about ME/CFS.
There are a few choices. Some are in different languages. Please use them and share them It's an easy way to raise awareness, especially fo the month of May which is May 12th awareness month or all year around.

This page is a resource for raising awareness about ME (or CFS, depending on where you live) via Facebook using images with words and pictures, in different languages. Please share and 'Like' the page to subscribe to updates.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Awareness-Words-and-Pictures/223472531087571

Nielk

Here are some samples for you to look at and choose.

Map with ribbon_ENGLISH.jpg

374060_223683771066447_223472531087571_315282_2138723757_n.jpg

4th final cover photo.jpg

75501_223963444371813_223472531087571_315576_601544802_n.jpg

If you have a facebook account and have or are switching to the timeline profile, any of these will perfectly fit into the cover page.
Just copy it to your computer and then download it as your picture.

It's really a very easy way to do your share of raising awareness. Please use them and share them.

Please "like" the page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Awareness-Words-and-Pictures/223472531087571 You can see what's there and you will receive updates.

Thank you,
Nielk

Attachments

• Map with strips_ENGLISH (1).jpg
    Map with strips_ENGLISH (1).jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 20

Ember

Thank you, Nielk, for your creative work and for posting these here. I find the prisoner theme to be most effective.

(Just to let you know...the second sample doesn't enlarge, so may need reposting.)

Nielk

Thank you, Nielk, for your creative work and for posting these here. I find the prisoner theme to be most effective.

(Just to let you know...the second sample doesn't enlarge, so may need reposting.)

Thank you Ember.
It was a joint effort with another ME?CFS sufferer (who prefers to remain ananymous).

I edited the second picture - hope it works now.:)

Nielk

I'm just bumping this for the people who didn't get a chance the first time I posted.

We all (I think) agree that we need more awareness for this disease.

This is a real easy way to participate. All you need is n FB page.

1- go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Aw...23472531087571
2- "like" the page
3- chooses a cover banner to your liking (some have been translated into 7 languages)
4- left click on the image and save it to your computer
5- download the image onto your own fb new timeline profile cover picture
6- keep it there at least for the month of May (May 12th awareness month)
7- if you can share it with your friends it would be great.

A lot ow work went into these, by two people who are literally falling apart so it would really be a good feeling to know that people are using it
and in addition, you would be adding to te awareness of this illness.

Thank you,
Nielk

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
This page on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Awareness-Words-and-Pictures/223472531087571
now contains almost 50 attractive and eyecatching images and Facebook timeline covers for raising awareness about ME/CFS through Facebook. In 11 languages! (including Icelandic)

Raising awareness about this horrible illness through Facebook can be very effective as many people can share information and a wide audience can potentially be reached. Please 'Like' the page to subscribe to updates and use the images from the page. Keep an eye on it for more!

Enid

Thanks Nielk - up from our beds - well now and again - for all you are doing.

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
As the ME/CFS Awareness Week has started, I would like to remind people about this page, for raising awareness about this dreadful disease on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Awareness-Words-and-Pictures/223472531087571#

The page now contains

nearly 70 attractive and professionally made pictures in 12 different languages for easy picture sharing on Facebook!!!

Please use the page, 'Like' it to receive updates in your newsfeed, share it, use anything from it on your profile and tell others about it. It's an easy and great way of raising awareness.

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
The latest status update from the Facebook page ME Awareness: Words and Pictures
(https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Awareness-Words-and-Pictures/223472531087571)
Until the end of May, one attractive picture a day, with some quick facts about ME/CFS, will appear in the album called 'One picture a day until the end of May!' on this page. They will all have similar colours, layout and similar amount of information. So if you share one of these a day, people will notice! Please share and tag.

These square pictures will display well on your Timeline, on your wall if you are using the 'old style' Facebook format and they will look good in your friends' newsfeed too.

The album is called 'One picture a day until the end of May!' and the direct link to the album is here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.238839686217522.39006.223472531087571&type=3

You need to be able to use Facebook (be logged in) to share these pictures via Facebook.

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
Christmas.jpg

Merry Christmas and best possible health to everyone with ME/CFS.

There are now approximately 350 images to raise awareness available on Facebook, some of them in 13 languages, including Facebook timeline covers. You can now also find some of the awareness images on Twitter, Pinterest and Blogger and there is a Youtube channel too - more will be added later:

www.facebook.com/MEAwarenessPics
www.twitter.com/MEAwarenessPics
www.pinterest.com/MEAwarenessPics
www.youtube.com/MEAwarenessPics
MEAwarenessPics.blogspot.com

Please keep on spreading awareness and educating the world about our illnesses - and images can help with raising awareness on media that are visually oriented on the internet. You never know when someone of influence or someone in a position to help funding research notices - all awareness efforts can potentially be fruitful, we just don't know when - so best to raise awareness on a regular basis :)