• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Australians done the HDRI methylation panel?

hixxy

Any Australians around who have done the HDRI Methylation Panel Rich recommends? I'm looking to get this done in the next few weeks, but trying to figure out what shipping to use returning the sample to the US.

I suspect it will cost a fortune to get it back there in a reasonable amount of time.

Googsta

Doing Well
Hey Hixxy, sorry I can't be of help but I would be very interested how you get on. Please keep us informed :Retro smile:

Adster

I think the blood needs to be at the lab within 48 hrs of being drawn. DHL would be one option for fast shipping. It possibly needs to be kept cool also.

SJB944

Me too. I looked into it but dropped it in to the too hard basket. That said I did manage to get blood sent to the UK for mito function test. I used QML to draw the blood and send it over.

Was thinking about looking into it again.

hixxy

According to Rich, others have got this test done in Australia, so I was hoping someone on here would already have worked out the technicalities ;) I'm lazy. I don't really feel like doing too much looking into. I may have to tho I guess.

Seems there's a fair few Australians on these forums going by the quick replies.

Googsta

Doing Well
Yep :Retro tongue:

SJB, would you mind sharing the approximate costs involved? Did the test results help you with your treatment? Ta

SJB944

Hey Googsta,

Cost me close to $1000 if I recall all up -- that is including paying QML to draw and send it. And I got the mitochondrial test down, plus DNA adducts. In terms of whether the tests helped in treatment: yes and no. So yes it did provide me with clear evidence of mitochondrial dysfunction, so an explanation for how I feel, and it helps hone down the treatment options. Unfortunately, I have just not been able to tolerate much of the supplement suggestions -- for instance, glutathione, coq10 etc.

We set up a Facebook for more info if that helps: http://www.facebook.com/groups/myhillaustraliaforum/

If you go yo the Docs section there is info about how to goi about getting it done from here.

I think it can help tell a story, but quite clearly it is possible to try Dr Myhill's protocol without the tests -- the information is freely available on the website. All the tests do is hone down the plan a little.

The two things that have helped me, are B12 -- which I take in the Meth form, and in dosages akin to Fred's protocol, and magnesium injections.

It may also help in dealing with Drs etc, possibly Social Security, in terms of providing a diagnosis of sorts.

I'm glad I have had them done. it's a step in the right direction, in my view, just not necessarily, THE step.

Cheers
SJB

hixxy

My investigations led to this for getting the HDRI Methylation Panel done in Australia:

The cost from HDRI is $320 including shipping to Australia.
Shipping back to HDRI is $67.55 using the Auspost Express International Service (absolute should be maximum of 5 days)
There may have been better services than this, but I didn't feel like doing an extensive search.

Upon contacting HDRI, they said the sample will still be viable after a 5 day transit.

If anyone wants to enquire about this without having to phone the US, send an email enquiring to ELN www.europeanlaboratory.nl requesting that your enquiry be passed on to HDRI.

I have email contact with HDRI now, but it seems they're not too keen on their email being known.

hixxy

Hi Hixxy,
New here, I'm in Adelaide and am thinking of getting the test done - did they give you instructions as to how the sample needs to be taken and packaged, on ice etc or do they send those specific instructions out with the Test Kit? And I'm guessing you pay the $320 up front so you have to order the Kit over the phone, is that correct?
Thanks for the info,
Lucy

hixxy

I'd say the test comes in a kit with the instructions required to complete the test (collection, storage, shipping).

When I initially enquired, they said you need to get a request for the test faxed through to them from a health practitioner on their letter head requesting the test on your behalf.

They didn't mention how the payment is done. I'd be surprised if you didn't have to pay before the test kit is sent and over the phone would be the easiest way.

Sorry I haven't worked out all the details yet.

hixxy

greenshots

I emailed FEDEX 2 weeks ago and they didn't dignify me with a respone. Haven't tried DHL though.

We don't even have DHL in California anymore, most companies don't use them and they lost ground here. Not sure about the rest of the U.S. but this may be a problem for you as far as pricing.