• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Balance between mb12 and adb12

Asklipia

I have started taking mb12 20 days ago. Up to now all is good. Soon I shall receive adb12 Country Life3 mcg.
My question is : is there a proportion that should be constant between mb12 and adb12?
Or is there a minimum of one or the other to be taken for best results?

Sorry I don't introduce myself more at length, I just did that and lost my post so am a bit discouraged just now.

Just realized this should be in the Detox/Methylation/B12 part of the forum. Can someone move it to there? I don't know yet how to do this.

Hi Asklipia,
I see that you posted a few days ago but nobody has replied. I think that it is because you have asked a very difficult question. There is no easy reply. Everyone is taking different amounts. Some members can only take very small amounts. I am currently taking 10mg of methylb12 and 6mg of adb12 daily. I believe most would suggest to start slowly(1mg), keep reading here and make up your own mind. The "Active B12 Basics" is a good place to start.
Best Regards,
Mogy

Asklipia

Thank you for your input Mogy! I realize I shall have to walk that path alone.

Here is what I can offer as my observations in exchange :
I took up to 8 mg day of mb12 over the last three weeks, starting at 1 mg for the first week, then titrating up with no problems. However I lowered this three days ago as I was feeling too agitated and too much brain fog, loss of short term memory, strange feelings in the chest, could be thymus.
All that was Solgar brand, the only one available.
Two days ago I finished my supply and the shop has provided me with the Jarrow brand, which I find much smoother, maybe less effective? The taste is better and I feel less brain fog, maybe because I dramatically lowered my intake. However it does not kick in violently like the Solgar brand did.
Apart from this, 7 days ago I started taking B2 25 mg a day with two separate meals. This seems to have boosted the mb12 in a pleasant way.
I did not receive my adb12 yet.

What I am taking every day :

- D3 5000 iu
- Potassium gluconate 99 mg x 1 or 2 depending on need
- Magnesium 100 mg as Taurate x 1 or 2 depending on need
- mb12 1 mg
- B2 25 mg (split in two takings)
- - Melatonin 3 mg
- - Zinc 8.7 mg
- - Selenium 50 mcg (these last three in the same preparation at night)
Best regards,
Asklipia

From the mb12 I seem to suffer from thyroid problems, I was feeling cold and my skin was and is still very dry (cold has subsided though when I lowered the dosage).
I eat very well a large variety of fresh meats, fishes, offal, vegetables and fruit (not too much) and home made sweets from time to time. I drink one home made espresso a day, coffee organic and home roasted. A glass of home made wine once or twice a week.

Lou

Hi Asklipia,

Re that strange feeling in your chest you may wish to read more of what Fredd has to say about the danger of quickly depleted potassium if one gets his partially blocked methylation pathway going at more full throttle again. It can drain your potassium. Many here on the active protocol have had this happen, including me.

It could be the 200 mgs of K supplements are not enough to keep up with new body demands, just something you may wish to look into further.

best,

Lou

Thank you for your input Mogy! I realize I shall have to walk that path alone.

Here is what I can offer as my observations in exchange :
I took up to 8 mg day of mb12 over the last three weeks, starting at 1 mg for the first week, then titrating up with no problems. However I lowered this three days ago as I was feeling too agitated and too much brain fog, loss of short term memory, strange feelings in the chest, could be thymus.
All that was Solgar brand, the only one available.
Two days ago I finished my supply and the shop has provided me with the Jarrow brand, which I find much smoother, maybe less effective? The taste is better and I feel less brain fog, maybe because I dramatically lowered my intake. However it does not kick in violently like the Solgar brand did.
Apart from this, 7 days ago I started taking B2 25 mg a day with two separate meals. This seems to have boosted the mb12 in a pleasant way.
I did not receive my adb12 yet.

What I am taking every day :

- D3 5000 iu
- Potassium gluconate 99 mg x 1 or 2 depending on need
- Magnesium 100 mg as Taurate x 1 or 2 depending on need
- mb12 1 mg
- B2 25 mg (split in two takings)
- - Melatonin 3 mg
- - Zinc 8.7 mg
- - Selenium 50 mcg (these last three in the same preparation at night)
Best regards,
Asklipia

From the mb12 I seem to suffer from thyroid problems, I was feeling cold and my skin was and is still very dry (cold has subsided though when I lowered the dosage).
I eat very well a large variety of fresh meats, fishes, offal, vegetables and fruit (not too much) and home made sweets from time to time. I drink one home made espresso a day, coffee organic and home roasted. A glass of home made wine once or twice a week.

Rand56

hi Asklipia

I don't know if you are trying to avoid "folic acid", but if so, Country Life Dibencozide has it in it. Source Naturals Dibencozide does not and also Anabol Naturals Dibencoplex does not include it. I seem to be able to "feel" the Anabol Naturals more than the Source Naturals.

Asklipia

Thank you Lou. I have upped the Potassium to 3 x 99 mg per day and now no more strange feelings in my chest. Could be it!

Asklipia

Hi Rand, I have ordered both Country Life and Anabol. They did not arrive yet. I have no problem with folic acid most of the time. Time will tell. Thank you for warning me.

Lotus97

I would like to know about this too. My parents are taking 750 mcg adb12 and nothing else. Also, I'm taking mostly hydroxocobalamin, but I also have a Source Naturals sublingual b complex with adb12 and I don't want to take too much.