• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

safe to take olive leaf extract at the same time as methylation protocol?

snowathlete

I'm on Fred's protocol at the moment but want to try Olive Leaf Extract.
Anyone done that before?
Any likely interactions or problems that anyone can see?

Thanks

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
thank you both, thats very helpful. I'll be taking it as of tonight then.

I take them both. I take 1g Olive Leaf Extract / day - I LOVE the stuff! It lowers blood pressure about 10 points though. I still take it when I have adrenal problems (and no high blood pressure) during allergy season and it hasn't bothered me. It is believed to act as an ACE inhibitor -- all I know is it makes my blood vessels feel good...I can actually feel the way it helps them. As a side bonus it kills all kinds of pathogens in the gut and so prevents those overgrowth conditions caused by insufficient stomach acid. I have low stomach acid but don't have digestive complaints as a result of taking this. It is a wonderful supplement!

Rand56

OLE enhances the norepinephrine transporter, which effective lowers norepinephrine levels. Good for some, bad for others. Personally, it makes me feel terrible.

Thanks for mentioning this adreno. I was actually considering getting some but now I'm gonna pass. Lowering NE makes me feel worse as well.

adreno

PR activist
Thanks for mentioning this adreno. I was actually considering getting some but now I'm gonna pass. Lowering NE makes me feel worse as well.

If it's for killing bugs, you might try monolaurin or oregano oil instead.

all I know is it makes my blood vessels feel good...I can actually feel the way it helps them. As a side bonus it kills all kinds of pathogens in the gut and so prevents those overgrowth conditions caused by insufficient stomach acid. I have low stomach acid but don't have digestive complaints as a result of taking this. It is a wonderful supplement!
I couldn't have said it better myself. I am extremely intolerant of many supplements, but I adore olive leaf. It totally eradicated my nighttime leg pain (which I believe was vascular). OLE fixed my gut in a huge way. I was underweight, ate huge quantities, but didn't absorb anything. OLE took care of such a great percentage of my pathogens that I gained 10 lbs in 3 weeks!

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
OLE enhances the norepinephrine transporter, which effective lowers norepinephrine levels. Good for some, bad for others. Personally, it makes me feel terrible.

Well, I am not sure if my allergies are due to insufficient epinephrin or something else. Theoretically I wouldn't want my norepinephrin lowered, but I had allergies long before I ever took OLE. I am really glad I tried some of this stuff before I knew everything about it because I might have been scared away from a great thing.
Trif

I've been taking Olive Leaf extract for a week and feel that it has caused over stimulation, headache, insomnia, heart palps etc.. I feel like my Norepinephrine levels have increased or something else but not sure what. I will discontinue tomorrow and see how I do.

Seven7

Seven
I've been taking Olive Leaf extract for a week and feel that it has caused over stimulation, headache, insomnia, heart palps etc.. I feel like my Norepinephrine levels have increased or something else but not sure what. I will discontinue tomorrow and see how I do.
You have to start slow and low ( drops better to control). And in tea. I would stop until all symptoms disappear then start w very low dose and increase every 2 weeks.

BadBadBear

Interesting. I took some last night around seven and it did seem to help lower night time adrenaline. Would it really work that quickly? I have not slept through most of the night like that in a long time.