• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone who cannot tolerate Nexavir?

Ivana

Hi all

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who cannot tolerate Nexavir? I was put on it a few weeks ago but even the 0.2ml was too much and I got soo sick thay my doctor had to take me off it completely.

I've had some great advice from people on this forum who have told me that it is a detox reaction and it's to be expected... I can't seem to handle it at all, it made the neurological effects so bad that at one point I thought I was going crazy. Is there anything else that can be taken instead of Nexavir which does the same thing without so may side effects? Does getting off it affect the chances of improvement?

Best wishes to all

Ivana

Waverunner

Hi all

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who cannot tolerate Nexavir? I was put on it a few weeks ago but even the 0.2ml was too much and I got soo sick thay my doctor had to take me off it completely.

I've had some great advice from people on this forum who have told me that it is a detox reaction and it's to be expected... I can't seem to handle it at all, it made the neurological effects so bad that at one point I thought I was going crazy. Is there anything else that can be taken instead of Nexavir which does the same thing without so may side effects? Does getting off it affect the chances of improvement?

Best wishes to all

Ivana

The problem with people telling you that it's a detox reaction is, that they actually don't know. Detox is a great way to pretend that something works in the medium or long run while it causes bad reactions in the short run. This can be true, but in my eyes the use of detox as explanation for all bad reactions is highly exaggerated. Your reaction to Nexavir can be an intolerance reaction to which your body does not adapt. Maybe there is some other bottleneck in your biochemistry that has to be fixed first (Vitamins, minerals etc.) but please don't make the mistake of relying on detox at all costs. GcMAF or Zadaxin may be an alternative to Nexavir.

Andrew

I want to echo what Waverunner said about detox. It seems to be favored as an explanation, even when it could simply be a bad reaction.

Anyway, an alternative to Nexavir is Hepapressin.

perrier

I want to echo what Waverunner said about detox. It seems to be favored as an explanation, even when it could simply be a bad reaction.

Anyway, an alternative to Nexavir is Hepapressin.

I am interested Andrew in what you write about Hepapressin being an alternative. My reaction to Nexavir was that at the injection site I would develop a huge red welt the size of a grapefruit. NO matter how miniscule the dose, the red swelling always came. The physician suggested Immunovir instead of the Nexavir.
So, I am sort of puzzled about this. Any thoughts?
Helene

Waverunner

I am interested Andrew in what you write about Hepapressin being an alternative. My reaction to Nexavir was that at the injection site I would develop a huge red welt the size of a grapefruit. NO matter how miniscule the dose, the red swelling always came. The physician suggested Immunovir instead of the Nexavir.
Helene

Sounds a lot like an allergic reaction.

perrier

Sounds a lot like an allergic reaction.

Yes, Waverunner, this is an allergic reaction. I was wondering rather how immunovir was like Nexavir if the physician recommended this instead. Also, I have read elsewhere that Hepapressin is hard to get and only a few physicians dispense it. There were also some comments about it being not 'pure' due to the way it was handled. Is there anyone out there who has used this Hepapressin and what have been his/her reactions.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Helene

Nexavir is preserved with phenol and some are allergic to it. There is a new non-phenol preserved version available in Europe called 4ME. I don't know what preservative is used in Hepapressin and 4ME, but preservatives can often be a problem.

Best,
Sushi

I have had problems tolerating it. It gave me severe headaches which have only partially resolved and has made me feel more washed out and dizzy. I cannot do half of what I could do before and that wasn't much to begin with. Spent the entire last week in bed and just went out to do a couple of errands this week and I was scared that I was going to pass out in the street. I don't know what to do or what to hope for.

Sushi

I have had problems tolerating it. It gave me severe headaches which have only partially resolved and has made me feel more washed out and dizzy. I cannot do half of what I could do before and that wasn't much to begin with. Spent the entire last week in bed and just went out to do a couple of errands this week and I was scared that I was going to pass out in the street. I don't know what to do or what to hope for.

Hi,

That does not sound fun! What dose were you taking and how often and do you know if you are allergic to phenol?

Sushi

perrier

Hi,

That does not sound fun! What dose were you taking and how often and do you know if you are allergic to phenol?

Sushi

Does anyone know if there is any serious move to make this medication without the phenol, which is a preservative?

It seems like Nexavir is helping folks, but if the phenol is causing a problem why wouldn't some enterprising pharmacy compound it or something and provide it without the phenol.

Helene

Sushi

Does anyone know if there is any serious move to make this medication without the phenol, which is a preservative?

It seems like Nexavir is helping folks, but if the phenol is causing a problem why wouldn't some enterprising pharmacy compound it or something and provide it without the phenol.

Helene

The one made in Europe--4 ME--may be without phenol. Maybe someone taking it can tell us.

Sushi