• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tips for saunas to avoid toxins get reabsorbed

snowathlete

Interesting. He seems to know what he's talking about.

So, I understand the problem, but what can you do about it?

xrunner

Interesting. He seems to know what he's talking about.

So, I understand the problem, but what can you do about it?

If you refer to saunas, I take away the following:
don't use public saunas or do it with anybody else
get into your sauna with a few clean clothes
wipe your sweat as often as you can
dispose of a cloth straight away
thoroughly clean your sauna

snowathlete

yeah that seems to be the sauna part of it, but that seems to be only one of the ways the body rids itself of toxins, and its not clear what you can do about the other ways?

Also, unless you own your own sauna, or know one that itsnt busy, there isnt alot you can do about the sauna option either.

Jenny

You can buy a FIR sauna blanket for less than 200. I have one, but it hasn't helped.

Wayne

Dietrich Klinghardt Videos

If you refer to saunas, I take away the following:
don't use public saunas or do it with anybody else
get into your sauna with a few clean clothes
wipe your sweat as often as you can
dispose of a cloth straight away
thoroughly clean your sauna

Hi Xrunner,

Thanks much for posting this video. I do regular FIR saunas (3-4/week) at a public place, and consider this video and information to be very important as I go forward. I now intend to start wiping sweat from myself as I do these saunas, and will try to go at times when nobody else is around. Thankfully this is usually the case anyway because it's not a busy place.

I watched about 6-7 of his other 15-minute videos, and am happy to have discovered these. I've long considered exploring more of Dr. Klinghardt's protocols and perspectives, and am finding these videos to contain a goldmine of information. My brain seems to process these videos better than when I try to garner information from his website.

Thanks again.

Wayne

jeffrez

He makes a good point that of course it's important to remove the toxins from the skin as they're excreted in the sweat to prevent them from being reabsorbed. However, much of the detoxification benefit of sauna continues for months after one is not even doing sauna anymore. In other words, a main mechanism of proper sauna detox is in addition to skin excretion, through mobilization & transport of the toxins out of the body metabolically, internally. So the importance there of binding agents becomes apparent.

xrunner

You're welcome Wayne, I'm going through the videos myself.

yeah that seems to be the sauna part of it, but that seems to be only one of the ways the body rids itself of toxins, and its not clear what you can do about the other ways?

Snowathlete, I got to where he talks about glutathione, so that means methylation. He also talks about some minerals.

LaurieL

I am just starting to go through these videos as well. Does he happen to mention using an EDTA based soap after sauna to draw further and bind the toxins left on the skin? This has been particularly helpful to me, sauna or not. I believe Dr. Amy uses it as part of methylation treatment for her patient population.

Laurie

LaurieL

I found several on the w w web, just plug it into your shopping tab on the upper left of your search engine that you use. Thankfully I found a "normal" product at the grocery store, its Caress Detox with EDTA. The price is reasonable and it smells so nice. It has been helpful to me on a daily basis. I'm sure those bars I found on the web would be better, but I need convienence and lower cost alternatives.

http://www.holisticheal.com/edta-soap.html

For more info concerning EDTA and Dr. Amy, use these search words in google. EDTA soap, Dr. Amy Yasko.

Laurie

xrunner

I am just starting to go through these videos as well. Does he happen to mention using an EDTA based soap after sauna to draw further and bind the toxins left on the skin? This has been particularly helpful to me, sauna or not. I believe Dr. Amy uses it as part of methylation treatment for her patient population.

Laurie

No, but he mentions the use of transdermal DMPS. Also to some of his patients, with test results showing no trace of mercury but a history of exposure, he has them doing a challenge test where they rub some cilantro into their skin for a period of time after which the test may come back positive. He says that, when applied to the skin, chelators are taken up directly into the nervous system.
So I thought that what you're doing with the soap may be something similar, considering also that he said that toxins are very quickly reabsorbed if you don't promptly wipe the sweat off your skin. If that's true by the time you get under the shower there may be none left to wash away.
I'm also interested in this soap. Thanks for the info