• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liposomal Glutathione

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I just wanted to share how I have improved again with the Liposomal Glutathione. It has been great. I take many good supplements and I have really been getting so much better with my POTS.

I am now also taking ATP, sublinguals. I am doing great. I couldn't believe when my doctor wanted to try them, since I take so many things, but I clearly needed them.

Gettting my n.transmitters tested helped a lot, along with my usual testing. I can actually see that I will be able to go on a walk very soon, without the w.chair!

The heat of summer will not help my POTS so I will see how this all goes since POTSYS cannot get too warm and certainly not hot.

I am just very happy that I can do more and feel good.

globalpilot

I was able to make my own liposomal glutathione. It has about 500 mg per tablespoon.

I'm interested in hearing from others who take this - either commercial versions or homemade.

Specifically, how much you take, side effects, benefits, glutathione testing.

I really don't know an appropriate dose and don't want to take too much.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I buy Liposomal GSH and C by Livon Labs. I have had no problems at all. I used to take a packet daily for a long time, but now I am doing so much better. I now take a packet every two or three days. I still use NAC and Alpha Lipoic Acid for it. Also Whey Protein in a smoothie alsmost daily. Green foods, eggs, fruit also. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?15440-Sally-s-supplements

lizw118

Hi everyone
I have been taking methylation supps for a while, but I decided to start taking glutathione directly to see if there is additional improvement. I started taking Livon labs liposomal glutathione-2 packets per day by mouth. The first two days I felt a lot of improvement on it. However, since then the improvement seems to have worn off, or else I am getting side effects or something (slightly more fatigue and POTS, which is normal for me
during the day when I am having a flare up).
Here are my questions:
Should I be changing the amounts of B12, folate or B vitamins with the glutathione? Are these reactions due to something else getting off balance from the glutathione?
Is this from my body detoxifying, and if so, will it get better over time?
Is this an indication that I am on the wrong amount of glutathione? Too much or too little?
Any info greatly appreciated
Liz

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
Hi Liz, it may depend on your problem. Or what is causing glutathione depletion, if it is occurring. Glutathione also has an anti-retroviral component, and it may take months for any damage or for virus to be depleted enough to register significant improvement.

lizw118

Thanks for the reply!
My metametrix tests indicate low B12 and methylation block issues, low glutathione. I also had a lot of other vitamin and mineral deficiencies (vitamin E, C, B2, niacin, biotin, magnesium). I am also being treated for adrenal fatigue with hyrdrocortisone and hashimoto's thyroiditis with T3 (low dose). My illness onset did occur after an initial virus twenty years ago, but I am not sure how much that comes into play now. Do you think that is an issue now? One thing I have considered is that the Livon glutathione I take also contains phosphatidylserine, which apparently lowers cortisol, so perhaps it is making my adrenal fatigue worse? Should I simply wait this out for a couple of weeks and see what happens?
Thanks
Liz

lizw118

Hi Sally
Thanks for the reply. I tried taking one the first day but didn't feel much difference. Maybe I should cut back and give it more time. I have read people taking up to four packs per day. I am so glad you are doing well!
Liz

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
I take one sachet per day (and I started slowly). I have not noticed any negative effects - with the exception of mildly sore throat on day 3 or 4 of taking it.

lizw118

I take one sachet per day (and I started slowly). I have not noticed any negative effects - with the exception of mildly sore throat on day 3 or 4 of taking it.

Interesting. I had a sore throat two days ago as well. I will try and cut down to one per day and see if that helps
Thanks
Liz

richvank

Hi, Liz.

You mentioned that you tested low in B2 and niacin. These are both needed for the glutathione reductase reaction, which recycles oxidized glutathione back to reduced glutathione. One possibility is that the glutathione supplementation is putting more demands on these vitamins, which are also needed for other reactions in the methylation cycle and related pathways. Maybe supplementing them more would help.

Best regards,

Rich

lizw118

Thanks Rich
I was thinking that might be the reason, too. Do you think I might need to raise any other things like folate or B12 because of the glutathione?
Also, do you think it is better to get a glutathione supplement that does not add phosphatidylserine because I have underactive adrenals? Or should I take the glutathione at night when I need to lower cortisol?
Have you seen god results in people who use glutathione? Or are you still mostly thinking that addressing the methylation block with B12 and folate are better ways to go?
Thanks!
Liz