• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thymus Extract

L'engle

moogle
I couldn't find a specific thread about this. What are peoples' experience with thymus extract?

Thanks!

L'engle

moogle
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Sources-All-Thymus-60-Capsules/6128?at=0

I ordered this one. I took it the other day but foolishly took another supplement at the same time, and one or both of them interfered with my sleep and left me tired for days. I took the thymus again today so I guess I will find out if it is this or the other supplement that caused the problem!

I had the 'wired and crash' problem with thyroid extract. With adrenal extracts, i think they helped a bit but the cost was high for the brand I tried. I feel a bit wired now on the thymus so we'll see if I can sleep properly or crash from it.

I think it's giving me a bit of a headache this time... live and learn I guess!

An hour later:

I have a bit of energy but I fully expect to crash tomorrow and possibly for longer after that. Here's hoping it doesn't happen.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Sources-All-Thymus-60-Capsules/6128?at=0

I ordered this one. I took it the other day but foolishly took another supplement at the same time, and one or both of them interfered with my sleep and left me tired for days. I took the thymus again today so I guess I will find out if it is this or the other supplement that caused the problem!

I had the 'wired and crash' problem with thyroid extract. With adrenal extracts, i think they helped a bit but the cost was high for the brand I tried. I feel a bit wired now on the thymus so we'll see if I can sleep properly or crash from it.

I think it's giving me a bit of a headache this time... live and learn I guess!

An hour later:

I have a bit of energy but I fully expect to crash tomorrow and possibly for longer after that. Here's hoping it doesn't happen.

if u still have some i would keep trying it for a few more days, maybe just an initial reaction the wired feeling??

cheers!!!

Seven7

Seven
Every time I tried proboost I got a very severe Flue like reaction. I am on another immune modulator now (imunovir) and do not get the same bad feeling, never stayed on it long enough (2 weeks top) because the feeling never got better.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Every time I tried proboost I got a very severe Flue like reaction. I am on another immune modulator now (imunovir) and do not get the same bad feeling, never stayed on it long enough (2 weeks top) because the feeling never got better.

Do u think a reaction like that means it maybe working??
how is immunovir working out??

cheers!!!

L'engle

moogle

Thanks, Inester. I'm glad the immunovir works better for you. :)

Ema

I took ProBoost for 3 months at 3 packets a day. I had EBV viral titers run prior and after the 90 day period with no change in either lab values or how I was feeling. Unfortunately it was a pricey bust of an experiment for me but I do believe that we all find different things helpful (or not!) so I wouldn't rule it out without doing your own trial.

L'engle

moogle
I took ProBoost for 3 months at 3 packets a day. I had EBV viral titers run prior and after the 90 day period with no change in either lab values or how I was feeling. Unfortunately it was a pricey bust of an experiment for me but I do believe that we all find different things helpful (or not!) so I wouldn't rule it out without doing your own trial.

Thanks Ema, It looks expensive. I bought the cheapest one available on iherb, so the loss will only be 7$ if it fails. Sorry it did not work for you!

I did one box of ProBoost once. I guess a box only lasts 10-15 days. I probably had small benefits from it, but it wasn't worth paying for more.

I am going to start natural thyroid soon. I don't know how different or similar that is to ProBoost. I have used natural thyroid before with good effect.

Ema

I did one box of ProBoost once. I guess a box only lasts 10-15 days. I probably had small benefits from it, but it wasn't worth paying for more.

I am going to start natural thyroid soon. I don't know how different or similar that is to ProBoost. I have used natural thyroid before with good effect.

Natural thyroid replaces thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone is needed for regulation of metabolism in every cell of the body.

ProBoost is an extract from the thymus gland. The thymus gland is a part of the immune system responsible for T-cells.

They are VERY different!

L'engle

moogle
I slept well overnight and not doing too bad this morning. Thymus extract passes the first day test. :)

I also took natural thyroid before, but I think it depleted my adrenals as I crashed badly after a few days of taking it. My hope is that thymus will be more effective. Since I am on different supplements now, I may give the natural thyroid another try but it's certainly one to be cautious for those who have adrenal issues. I had a bit of benefit from adrenal glandulars, but the brand I took was quite expensive and not worth the cost for small benefit. I may try a less expensive one.

I took another thymus extract just now. We'll see how day/night 2 goes.

1 hour later. It seems though this was not the source of my poor sleep on the first try, this is what made me depressed the next day after taking it. I feel depressed right now in a way that is unusual and that is a mirror of how I felt the day after the first time I took this last week. It was the rhodiola that messed up my sleep, however.

I'm going to be careful with this one.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I take Proboost Thymic Protein A under my tongue daily. If I am coming down with a cold, I take more often to keep it away. I had not heard of it until my doctor wanted me to take it, have been on it quite a while.

I slept well overnight and not doing too bad this morning. Thymus extract passes the first day test. :)

I also took natural thyroid before, but I think it depleted my adrenals as I crashed badly after a few days of taking it. My hope is that thymus will be more effective. Since I am on different supplements now, I may give the natural thyroid another try but it's certainly one to be cautious for those who have adrenal issues. I had a bit of benefit from adrenal glandulars, but the brand I took was quite expensive and not worth the cost for small benefit. I may try a less expensive one.

I took another thymus extract just now. We'll see how day/night 2 goes.

1 hour later. It seems though this was not the source of my poor sleep on the first try, this is what made me depressed the next day after taking it. I feel depressed right now in a way that is unusual and that is a mirror of how I felt the day after the first time I took this last week. It was the rhodiola that messed up my sleep, however.

I'm going to be careful with this one.

Thanks for reporting your results. At only $7, I would like to try it, but I can't take supplements that make me depressed. I hope the depression is temporary for you and you stop getting that effect.

L'engle

moogle
OK,I feel pretty sick. I'm done with this one. I think it will be a couple days before it is done with me though :(

Good luck to anyone else who tries it! Maybe the expensive brand is better, who knows.

L'engle

moogle
I think this has overstimulated my immune system. I still feel a bit rough. So I would be careful i someone tries this! hopefully it will work better for some.

Adster

I just ordered some of this 5mins before seeing this thread. I'm going to give most of the easily available immune modulators a try, even a negative response can be useful data. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you though.