• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many days between adding a new supplement to check for negative side effect?

topaz

Greetings

I was taking a range of supplements for quite a while before I started on the AMP (comprising the 3 basics + all cofactors). Result was a notable worsening of brain fog and I developed insomnia (the early waking and appearing not to get into deep sleep variety).

Ten days ago I stopped all supplements. I plan to introduce them all gradually (perhaps with the exception of the pre methylation ones which I appeared to tolerate well). I plan to start up over 2-3 days all the supplements that I was taking before I commenced the methylation basics + methylation cofactors and then introduce all the others individually. It will be tricky I think as its not only the effect of individual supplements but also their dosage which will have to be somehow monitored.

How many days should one allow between adding each consecutive additional/new supplements to check for negative side effects?

Given the huge number of supplements that I will be taking I would like to keep this to a minimum else it might take the rest of my life span before Im taking hte lot again (Lol!) as Ive recently purchased more that I am hoping will help with the debilitating brain fog.

Thanks

maddietod

Topaz, I can't answer your question - I'm doing it differently. But I want to remind you that if you add the thing that was necessary for methylation, and methylation gets started, you might get symptoms because of potassium or folate depletion. Then you might think you're reacting to the last-added supplement, while in fact that was just the limiting factor.

Good luck!

Madie

topaz

Thanks Madie but it wasnt that. If I recall, I tried potassium but it didnt help (beyond one day) and I didnt have any of the typical potassium deficiency symptoms - just feeling very very low unexpectedly (I think that was a symptom you and I shared but if I remember correctly, you were the only other person who had this).

Thanks

ps Madie, have you started taking all of Freddd's methylation cofactors?

chilove

Hi Topaz,

I guess it depends on how patient you are. I would think at least a week to be on the safer side. At least 3 days if you want to proceed more aggressively.

Good luck!

Audrey

maddietod

ps Madie, have you started taking all of Freddd's methylation cofactors?

I started with all of the basic cofactors but none of the active b12s. I was taking hb12. Then I kept all of the cofactors and added a small amount of mb12. That's where I am now.