• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking to test Nagalase at home

gu3vara

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking of testing my nagalase level to report on the activity of the homeo kmaf I'm starting to take. Problem is I'm in Canada and I wonder how to do this really. I can have a nurse draw the blood at home and but I'll have to deal with the shipping part myself. Anybody did it? Does the blood have to be frozen, separated or whatever before sending it?

I believe the test isn't very expensive so it's the good part, now I only need a doc to prescribe it for me...

Daffodil

you have to ask your doctor to contact this lab and they will send him a kit for the test:

http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

if you want to send it to redlabs in belgium, it will cost hundreds of dollars to mail.

i understand that neither labs have a reliable test.

gu3vara

So they can do it in the New Jersey but it's not reliable, that's what you mean?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
So they can do it in the New Jersey but it's not reliable, that's what you mean?

It is the same lab in the Netherlands and in New Jersey--just different branches. I was told that taking the test fasting makes it more reliable.

Sushi

Daffodil

I hadnt heard about fasting! thanks Sushi.

When I said neither lab was reliable, I meant the one in NJ nor the one in Belgium (REDLABS).

Now I am thinking maybe I will send blood to NJ and fast first....really would be great to have a way of following treatment.

camden7

[banned as spam]
I'm seriously thinking of testing my nagalase level to report on the activity of the homeo kmaf I'm starting to take.

If we check other disease markers when using GcMAF and they are improving, maybe Nagalase isn't really necessary I think.